PDA

View Full Version : zl1 camaro

morgan1
09-14-2003, 05:28 PM
does any one remember this zl1 camaro, does it still exist? what number is it? who is the current owner etc. i have some very interesting information about it to contribute.
see attachment for photo

hvychev
09-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Does anybody know if this an actual ZL1? I am interested in what Morgan knows about it.

morgan1
09-15-2003, 09:08 PM
i do know that it is a real zl-1 frank because i owned the original motor out of it for a short time in 1971 after the owner dropped a valve and messed up one cylinder head and put a gouge in one of the cylinder sleeves.

Salvatore
09-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Was This Tony Pizzi's car? Did the Ewing Bros. run with the Schmidt banner also? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Sam

morgan1
09-16-2003, 10:26 PM
no sam that was not tony pizzi's car however he did run under the schmidts banner and his car was not a zl-1. the car shown in the picture belonged to a phila. auto repair shop owner named bob litchko. i am trying to locate the magazine article that was done on the car, i think it might have been car craft. as soon as i can find out what magazine and when it was i'll pass on the info.
p.s. i think you are correct about the ewing bros

Salvatore
09-17-2003, 12:07 AM
I knew Pizzi's car was a small block. Ewing was a Super Stocker. Pizzi 's was a modified eliminator car. I am trying to remember the ZL1 though. If I come up with something, I will share. Keep it up! Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif