PDA

View Full Version : Who turned out the lights?

COPOL89
09-17-2003, 11:03 AM
the past couple of days i have had a tough time getting to the page i keep getting the server hang up code, so i log on this morning and half the message board is missing, no general disscusion ect,Help me out i need my fix for the day. Dennis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Chevy454
09-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Again, you can thank WestHost.com, our ISP. More corruption... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

budnate
09-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Rob, this has got to have you wound up tight??, the guy that posted up as being in Salt Lake City may be looking better and better as time goes on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Bud.

Born30YrsLate
09-17-2003, 11:22 PM
WestHost.com doesn't seem to have any problems with their own website - who's suprised... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
I'm going through withdrawls and the people at work don't like me when I'm crabby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

Mr70
09-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Hunker down Boys.
I'm heating up my Ham Radio as I type this.
My handle is Lukeskywalker,and my Mom said this thing was Obsolete. Ha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

hvychev
09-17-2003, 11:46 PM
I want my MTV!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chevy454
09-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I'm getting a little *warm* over this entire web site debacle. It started the Sunday after the Reunion, so we suffered through 3 weeks of this BS. For what we pay, this shouldn't have been but a minor patch it up and go deal...reckon we'll get a refund? Hardly...

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna stoop down a little. Here's who our ISP is, and is the reason everything from this month's feature car to the forum is screwed up:

http://www.westhost.com/

And here is JUST ONE of the trouble threads taking place on WestHost's own forum (you should note it's 42 pages as I type this):

http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515&start=0

We're not the only ones having trouble, but in my opinion they've dropped the ball on the customer service part of the deal. I realize stuff happens in the computer world, and I've spent many a late nights reading code looking for a missing ";" or 1 too many "." in several pages of software. But, you do it, and you move on. Sadly, we're stuck...

Jeff H
09-18-2003, 12:33 AM
From a business point of view, this is completely unacceptable and could almost run a small company out of business if they relied heavily on their website for orders or sales. It appears they had no idea what kind of "upgrade" they were getting into and what affect it would have on their clients. Not only should their clients receive a refund for the time it was not operating properly, but they should receive a free month of service just to stay as customers. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon, but I have my doubts at this point in time.

68l30
09-18-2003, 01:28 AM
FYI,"Ham" is hardly obsolete... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif It is the only means of communication in times of disaster.Most weather stations use it for field reports in times of severe weather.One such group is Skywarn.It may not be as popular as it once was,but most public service events and functions require some type of "net control" to keep things organized and running smoothly.I have worked with the American Red Cross Disaster for years providing commincations in times of need..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve (FCC ID. N8UIU) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaveBonnell
09-18-2003, 01:55 AM
you guys should switch to lightning servers. We run our message board through them and have awesome tech support and very minimal if any down time. www.fastlouis.com (http://www.fastlouis.com) just contact our webmaster for info if you want.

COPOL89
09-18-2003, 02:02 AM
Was that an option on the 69 Camaro? RPO-HMRDO i dropped a valve on my Z28 one time and used it to sos for help or maybe im thinking of transisorized ignition? i know They call it onstar today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

SORRY guys i couldnt help my self, OK im going back to the barny web site

Chevy454
09-18-2003, 03:02 AM
68l30:

When we had like 2 weeks straight of tornadoes this spring, and they wiped out a couple of towns northwest of here, HAM radios came back into fashion in this neck of the woods. It literally wiped several towns off the map, and that was all they had, but they said it was amazing the response they got from the HAM operators across the globe.

hvychev
09-18-2003, 03:27 AM
Speaking of Ham radios does anybody know why here in Illinois some people have special Ham radio license plates? They also have that redicules looking Ham radio antenna mounted to the back of their deck lid as well. Just curious.

Oh my goodness after just posting this I reread the thread and notice that we are so board that we are talking about Ham radios! Please just let life get back to normal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

Mr70
09-18-2003, 04:10 AM
Do you mean CB radio Antennas on the deck lid?
Frank,mmmmmm...Mouth Watering HAM!

hvychev
09-18-2003, 05:11 AM
Whatever.......! Why you............ Now you are not getting that NOS OK used car license plate I found for you at that garage sale I was at this week. Now I am going to sell it to Brandon Joe Baher Barr or whatever his name is for ten bucks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

camarojoe
09-18-2003, 05:17 AM
ca-ching! Money order is in the mail Frank. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Mr70
09-18-2003, 01:22 PM
While at Dinner with Mr.Ed & his wife at their beautiful Home,he gave me a Box of 24 NOS OK License Plates.Still sealed in Cellophane,with the Brigance Checkered Flag Crest underneath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Belair62
09-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Since Charley is unavailable.....You guys suck.

hvychev
09-18-2003, 04:42 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

hvychev
09-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Wow who's online is working now! Rob hopefully the dealer specific threads are not in danger are they? Still can't see em.

budnate
09-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Rob, just to let you know for some reason the grey highlights on unread posts are gone when I open them up to read.

Bud.

Pantera
09-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Try signing in again and then check "save your password box "

Worked for me.