PDA

View Full Version : 68 camaro info

560CID68
10-30-2003, 04:27 AM
Hello thanks to all for your info so far, I'm still trying to learn how to post a pic on this sight, I have a pic of a copy of my invoice and a few pics of my car in its current state at http://community.webshots.com/user/gunwood (http://community.webshots.com/user/gunwood) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gifClick on beast photos,Any more info on weather my car is a Baldwin or not would be appreciated

Charley Lillard
10-30-2003, 04:36 AM
WOW...Cool Car... Unless the paperwork is a Fake I would say you have a pretty neat Car. Would make a Killer Pro Street Motion Camaro.

MotownMadman
10-30-2003, 04:52 AM
Paperwork looks real, do you have the original or just a copy? Non power disc brakes are a good indication of a car ordered for performance use, non power was less weight and the high performance solid lifter big blocks sometimes had a problem with the correct amount of vaccuum to run the brake booster properly. Might be a good idea to document the car through Joel and put it back to as left Motion condition.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Born30YrsLate
10-30-2003, 05:12 AM
What color is your car and the deluxe interior...I may have some interesting info for you, I need to make a phone call or two first. Thanks for posting the invoice..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
Fred

560CID68
10-30-2003, 05:37 AM
car was orginal garnet red,black Interior

560CID68
10-30-2003, 05:42 AM
Hello I have the orginal Invoice, and the orginal Title ,car was invoiced april,titled in feb of 68 I'm guessing it might have taken that long to complete the conversion

PictureGuy
11-03-2003, 04:23 AM
I agree, it sounds and looks like a cool car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Just curious, how long have you owned the car and did you buy it believing it was/is a true BM supercar? Also, don't mean to say it, but it seems a bit precarious that you have the original title and invoice but are still wondering if it is a real motion car. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?

What state was the original title in, and have you contacted the original owner?

Does the car have the original VIN tag still on it (it appears that the trim tag is not on the car which is not uncommon for a true drag car) Also, any idea when the tub job took place - it looks more like a newer pro street mod rather that a 60-70's job.

I have a 'I-hope-it's-a-motion' 69 camaro now which I have been tracking paperwork for years on and truly hope your car is real, not just a drag car with a copy of paperwork.

Hope it's the real deal and your tires smoke the entire 1/4 mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

560CID68
11-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Hello, the only reason I question my car was that I was under the impression there were Two kinds of baldwin cars, Cars created and sold as Baldwin motion cars,and conversions that took place after the fact, My car was orginally titled in Maryland,that was where I bought it from, I've owned the car almost Two years now, i purchased the car as a Back half Bracket racer , At the Time I hardly new what a Baldwin car was, but thought That kind of history would be cool!!! Yes it is a modern tub job in the last 10 years, I have never tried to trace the orginal owner down, It is my intention to leave the car Prostreet, It is currently being completly redone and will be king of the street, As I believe Baldwin motion intended it to be!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

resto4u
11-05-2003, 02:17 AM
If you look at the invoice, top right. It says "duplicate", does that prove or not anything?. Nice car, looks like it had the cage tied all the way to the front frame rails. Like a pro stock cage. Why would they cut out the crossmember under the engine? Roger