PDA

View Full Version : Motion Z30

zgator
11-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Does anybody have any good pictures of one.I'd really like to see how the stripes were done. Also are there any around? I've never seen one or heard of anybody having one. I know Joel won't tell how many cars he converted but does anybody have an educated guess as to how many Z30's were done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

zgator
11-22-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm guessing by the views and no answers that there isn't any of these cars left.Maybe Joel only made the one test mule otherwise somebody on this board would have one.I've been a member for quite awhile now and haven't see one nor have there been any threads on them other than the one with the engine pictures.I guess if one would show up it would be worth quite a bit of money.What a find that would be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

zgator
12-02-2003, 01:48 PM
"MR"Lillard.Would you know anything about these cars? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Charley Lillard
12-02-2003, 01:58 PM
The value seems to be in big block cars and I think the Z30 was a small block car ? So I wouldn't bet on it being worth a Ton of Money compared to the big block cars. You might look on Mad Mikes second gen site for info as he has posted some info on Motion.

JoeC
12-02-2003, 02:38 PM
The Motion cars were mostly customer order custom built so I don't think there was a specific "Z30" stripe.
I remember seeing a 69 and a 70 Camaro Z30 in magazine articles.
Motion must have sold a few per year as he was still listing them in his 1973 catalog for $5195 with a note ìadd $200.00 for 2x4 cross ram".

musclcar
12-02-2003, 05:57 PM
do you think any of these Z30 camaros have survived.i thought the paint scheme was only the L88 scoop itself being the stripe color not the Z28 stripes and the rest of the car being the traditional motion striping. i thought that if only a few Z30's were made there value would be much higher than the bbc.was the sbc package in the vega identical to the camaro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Musclecarkid
12-04-2003, 04:49 AM
I remember seeing one of these 70-73 Z30 Motion Camaros at my NJ High School back in 1980. It was Black with the typical Motion Paint Stripes coming to a point down the sides. Don't remember if the stripes were white or silver. I remember it had an L88 Hood and maybe sidepipes. The owner of this Motion Camaro ended up marrying my cousin 20 years later. He also had a Black w/ white stripes 70 LS6/M22 Chevelle around the same time. I will ask him if he has any pics of his old Motion Z30 Camaro when I see him. Bet he wishs he still had both these cars today.

musclcar
12-04-2003, 06:57 AM
very cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

copo9566aa
12-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Probably the Z/30-Z/50 style striping is for Camaro Z/28 (70-73) based conversion.
And the more traditional Motion striping for a SS Camaro
based conversion.
Just an idea..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif