PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Dealers

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Where was Glen Campbell from, and did he own any Chevy dealerships?

Mr70
11-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Ah...Many a night I can remember as a lil boy watching the Glenn Campbell Goodtime hour on CBS back in 1970...
As you know Chevrolet was a Big Sponsor of that Variety show.
Glenn Campbell was 1 of 12 children in their family & raised in Billstown,Arkansas.
I have heard mention of a Chevy Dealership that bore his name in the past,but can't find it now????
I think CJoe has a Picture of him with DY taken inside a Dealership,that I saw at Collinsville last Sept...correct me if I'm wrong??
I saw on the National News This AM that Glenn is sitting in a Phoenix Jail today because of DUI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Ok, then I guess Glen Campbell Chevrolet in Buffalo, NY wasn't connected to him. This dealership was in the Yenko network in '67, and Glen was doing an ad campaign in '70, so I thought that maybe Glen owned this dealership.

This dealer list is dated April 21, 1967 and has some interesting dealers on it; ie: Anderson Foreign Motors, Swampscott, MA, R.T. Ayers Chevrolet in Yukon, OK, & Gordon Wilson Chevrolet in Salt Lake City, UT.

camarojoe
11-25-2003, 07:08 PM
The photo I have is actually at Colonial Chevrolet in Norfolk, VA... Glen is pictured standing beside a Yenko Deuce, doing a promotion for the dealer. ( car looks to be silver or citrus green in the B&W pic) and there is a sign for the dealership behind him... The photo was actually hanging on the wall in Don Yenko's office in Canonsburg at one point in time... As a side note, there is actually a town here in PA that is called Glen Campbell... I always assumed thats where he was born, but i guess not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

lzdick
11-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Not sure about the dealership affiliation, but I understand Jim Beam will be putting his picture on their labels in the near future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

camarojoe
11-25-2003, 10:54 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

68l30
11-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Hey c'mon... I happen to like Jim Beam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Steve