PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro Muncie shifter stabilizer rod

68SSCamaro
12-06-2003, 06:17 PM
I need the stabilizer rod for the factory Muncie shifter and a big block. It's not the straight one but has a bend in it similar to the Chevelle rod. I have a photo if needed. That's the last piece I need to complete my shifter. Thanks, Martin

Pantera
12-06-2003, 09:06 PM
I think I saw a muncie for a camaro on E-bay if it hasn't already been sold.

NCGuy68
12-11-2003, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need the stabilizer rod for the factory Muncie shifter and a big block. It's not the straight one but has a bend in it similar to the Chevelle rod. I have a photo if needed. That's the last piece I need to complete my shifter. Thanks, Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

I too need this rod to finish a friends big block shifter. Its length will measure about 10 1/2" using a straight edge and has a right side bend in it.

Martin.....since we last talked, I have acquired a very interesting Muncie shifter. It has what I believe to be original inspection paint dabs on it. They are yellow and blue in color and I have no reason to think they are fake. I have pictures of them on a CD that I'am willing to share with you and the CRG.

Let me know if your interested.

68SSCamaro
12-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Here is an image of a shifter with a BB stabilizer rod attached.

JoeC
12-13-2003, 12:05 AM
that looks more like a Nova shifter unless the angle of the photo is making it look funny