PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh, PA Chevrolet Dealer Info Wanted

C1SS396
12-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Hi i see from another post that their are a few people from the Pittsburgh, PA ..Could use your HELP...

The car is a 70 LS5 ragtop Fathom blue with white top/stripes/Ivory interior .The build sheet says it was order new at
Kenny Ross Chevy
1100 Western Ave Pittsburgh, PA

can anyone one tell me if the dealership is around or if it changed names ..Also if anyone know someone who works /worked their ..

We have owner history and The Build sheet ..But would love to get the Bill of sale ...

Any help or info would be great Email [email protected]

Thanks for your time

camarojoe
12-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Kenny Ross still exists, and is one of the biggest dealerships in PA, with many branch dealerships across the eastern and central part of the state. Go to kennyross.com and you can e mail someone or get a phone number quite easily...tracking down someone who may be willing and able to help you could be a different story all together.

T Billigen
12-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Picture from 1968

T Billigen
12-18-2003, 01:53 AM
The Corvette Bronze Camaro under the "Kenny Ross" sign is the one I bought in 68! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

MarkJack66
12-18-2003, 02:00 AM
I bought my first NEW Camaro from Kenny Ross, not sure what I did with Aunt Penny's Elderberry Jelly though, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Supercar_Kid
12-18-2003, 04:15 AM
Kenny Ross Chevrolet is alive and well, but no longer on Western Ave. They are one of Western PA's largest Chevrolet dealers, KR also has several Ford dealerships as well. I just saw an ad for them in the Post Gazette last week, with a crazy statistic of something like "one car sold every 17 minutes of every work day." That may give you an idea of the kind of numbers they do. They have over 1500 cars on their lot at any given time. As far as old paperwork, dealership emblems, or memorabilia and the sort may go, that stuff is all long gone. I contacted them about 2 years ago when I was looking for a die-cast Kenny Ross badge, as I've made a hobby out of collecting local Chevy dealer stuff for awhile now, unfortunately I came up empty in the Kenny Ross department. I can't say I've even seen many Kenny Ross emblems on old cars in the area either. It may be tough to locate any vintage stuff from this dealer, as I'd assume if it would turn up anywhere it would be right here in my neck of the woods. I have located a few items from "Bud Donahue Chevrolet" that was located on Craft Avenue in Oakland, right near the University of Pittsburgh campus. And some other stuff from "Schreiber Chevrolet" that was near Kennywood Park, if anyone's familiar with the Pittsburgh area. Anyone have cars from either of these two dealers?

Unreal
12-18-2003, 03:30 PM
I know it's been a long time, but I thought Kenny Ross was on Baum Blvd in East Liberty, or "E Sliberty" as we used to call it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yellowjudge
12-18-2003, 03:56 PM
HI Kenny & Aunt Penny( Well maybe not her, as she was 100 yrs old in the 1960s) Are out in Irwin Pa. They have a ford dealership too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Supercar_Kid
12-18-2003, 04:39 PM
That's funny, Kenny Ross is using "Aunt Penny" in their print advertisments still today. Guess that makes her about 135? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Whatever it takes to sell a car I guess.

T Billigen
12-19-2003, 12:02 AM
I remember taking off the cast badge when I got the car. They had drilled two small holes in the tail panel to install it.

jerry67
12-19-2003, 12:28 AM
I live within a stones throw of a Kenny Ross ford dealership in Pittsburgh south hills. My dad ordered our first camaro from Kenny Ross in 1967, when we went to pick up the car up my dad was furious that it had dealership badges on it, he said he wasn't advertising for them unless he was paid so they removed them. Now if he would have just went to the dealership down the road the other way I may have ended up with the only Yenko sold with out badges