PDA

View Full Version : Posting help

elwood440
01-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Hi people. I'm brand new to this forum, and I'm also trying to help my dad (stevez66). Anyone know why a post (his) isn't showing up in this forum yet I can find it with a search, searching all forums?? And since I don't think his post showed up for some reason, I'll ask his (and my) question again. He has a 68 Chevy Biscayne with the L72 427 and a 4-speed. 4.56 gears and ladder bars, too. It won the Gold Spinner Award (and subsequently a Silver, too) at the McCormick Place Chevy/Vette Fest. VERY sweet car, and it goes like stink too as I'm sure you can imagine. Anyways to the point...several people have told us that it is indeed a Nickey car. (I can impart the actual stories told to us if anyone is interested.) My dad has tried at least once to trace back to the original owner to verify that our Biscayne is a true Nickey car, to no avail. If anyone here have any idea how to go about finding this very important info?? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

-zeke

P.S. I can post pics of the car too if anyone needs to see it.

bbdon
01-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi Brian.
The post is right there in the index, two posts under this one. Look for the thread with Nickey Qs in the title. I don't know how to verify a Nickey, I hope someone else can help you with that.

JoeC
01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Why do they think it is a Nickey car? Does it have old Nickey emblems or decals?

55chevy
01-21-2004, 06:39 PM
lets see pics http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

elwood440
01-22-2004, 07:40 AM
We've met several people who've said it was a Nickey car. The first we heard was when we were at the McCormick Place show. Some guy was really admiring the car and saying how his friend used to have one exactly like it. Eventually my Dad pulled out the records he does have and the guy verified that one of the previous owners WAS his friend. This guy then asked where the Nickey sticker on the trunk was. (The car was repainted ~10 years ago or so, and evidentally no one replaced the sticker.)
At another car show, we met a guy who used to work at Nickey. (Sorry, I don't know any names of these people, I was little.) He looked at and under the car and said "Yep, that's exactly the way we used to put those ladder bars on."

So yeah that's how we know/heard that our Biscayne is a Nickey car. I talked to my Dad and he said he saw something about a guy named Don Swaitek(sp?) in another thread, and that he can verify and document Nickey cars. Anyone know anything about this? And yeah if you noticed my new subj line, I forgot to mention in my first post that our Biscayne is a 6700 mile car with matching numbers. We REALLY REALLY REALLY want to have documentation about it's history. Thanks for the help, people.

P.S. Friday I will be at my parent's house and I will post a bunch of pics. Trust me, this car is incredible.

elwood440
01-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Yep, it had the Nickey trunk decal before the car was repainted. See my new thread. Thanks for the reply.