PDA

View Full Version : Rough value on a '70 Cuda?

Chris396
04-09-2004, 08:38 AM
I am trying to get a ’70 Cuda that I’ve known about for years. I’ve never seen the car but it was my cousin’s best friend’s. I do know that it has sat in a garage for nearly 20 years. The car is white with I think black interior. It’s a 340 car with an automatic and has a tunnel ram with two fours on it. He said the guy still has the 4 barrel intake and original hood along with the original wheels. So let’s say it’s got old paint and a mostly rust free body. What’s a car like this worth in estimate?

MotownMadman
04-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Assuming(I hate that word!)it is a true 340 car and the owner has all the parts to put it back to original, and assuming it has a solid body....now also assuming after sitting twenty years the interior, brakes, fuel system, and all the rubber parts of the suspension are toast, and assumimg after twenty years that everything will have to be restored or replaced as sitting is harder on a car then anything, and taking into account that a number 1 example of a 340 Cuda is about 25K, I would venture a guess at 5 to 6 grand would be as deep as you would want to go. To restore it if you did all the labor yourself you would be looking at 10 to 15 grand in parts and materials that could bring you out a little under current market value. If you were to drop the car off at a reputable restoration shop and have patience to wait a year or so you would end up with about 40 to 45 grand in the car including initial cost. All depends on how bad you want it. Having a super solid body is the key, with the car having only moderate rarity it would be pointless to go through an extensive body reconstruction unless the particular car had a great deal of sentimental value.
Motown http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Chris396
04-09-2004, 09:29 AM
I am cheap so no restoration for me. I'm looking for something to clean up, drive around, and have fun with. Cars that sit drive me crazy. I want to buy them and have fun with them. I've checked eBAy and there are some nasty looking cars with high bids.

gemleeus
04-09-2004, 07:59 PM
imo, the time to get those small block mopars is now.

KellyAlana
04-10-2004, 04:28 AM
I would have to agree, buy them now before the price only increases. As the hemi's and 6 packs increase in value, it will only pull all the others along.

Chris396
04-10-2004, 07:59 AM
I have no idea if he will sell the Cuda but it's nice to have a rough idea of what to offer. I still have to buy that ugly old original owner '68 or '70? Mercury police car that I know about too. I have no idea what I would do with it, but I can buy it for next to nothing, so I will have to buy it one day.