PDA

View Full Version : Rich Chevrolet Cadillac in Ridgway, PA 15853

SS4Real
06-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Does anybody remember this dealer or does it still exist? The address is/was 200 Mill St in Ridgway PA 15853. My Chevelle was initially shipped there and I want to see if they are still around or how I can find some license plate frames from them.

Thanks.

PLATINUM6BBL
08-15-2004, 07:17 AM
I have some customers from up there, it's a little over a hour from me. I see if it rings any bells with them. Lon

betsy764
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Rich Chevrolet Cadillac was my dad. When i saw your post on-line i thot i would faint. I appreciate that u remembered him. He sold the dealership when his h ealth started to fa il. He passed away in 1995. "See the USA in your Chevrolet..America is asking you to call". Interesting note.. after his retirement.. my dad owned only Volkswagens and Subarus...lol.. He was a wonderful man

PeteLeathersac
03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Welcome aboard Betsy!.
We'd all love to hear any stories you can share from the dealership days!.
Do you have/know the Dealer Code # and/or is there any old paperwork still around?.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
~ Pete

betsy764
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I have a million stories..so let's start from the beginning. Frank Rich came from Sicily to Warren Pa around 1914. He worked as a &quot;grease monkey&quot; as a young boy and never went passed the 8th grade. His dream was to own a car dealership, which he accomplished in the late 40's in Ridgway PA. LOL it was a MOPAR dealership...chrysler/imperial. Sometime in thet 50's he was accepted by GM. But he only had Chevrolet franchise at that time. Some years down the road, GM asked him to take on Cadillac. My life was a &quot;princess&quot; existence. When i got married i had a fleet of Cadillacs parade thru the town. When i wanted a car i could go to the garage and pick any one i wanted... from used car lot or new car showroom. I am busy right not.. I would be interested in knowing if u are f rom Ridgway.

mockingbird812
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Betsy - WELCOME ABOARD! That is just a terrific story. Your Dad lived the American dream. Keep them coming!<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
03-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Nice story, love hearing from the original families!

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

betsy764
04-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Rich Chevrolet-Cadillac was on North Broad Street in Ridgway. Not Mills... (altho u could get there from MIlls)..Sorry, this is Betsy again... My dad's princess. When he sold the dealership it went to 2 men in a partnership (this is my understanding). Rumor had it that one of those men was &quot;dishonest&quot; in financial reporting and practices. I am NOT naming a name for that... but as i recall.. one name was McLaughlin or some Irish name like that. I blame no one. B\UT... i will tell u this.. when these 2 men bought the dealership, it was a &quot;2nd mortgage&quot; type of situation and my dad lost about everything. It's just sad how some things turn out. That is why i'm so impressed that u heear of Rich Chevrolet Cadillac. It took a huge hit. If anyone else had dealings with my dad or is from Ridgway, I'd love to hear from you...