PDA

View Full Version : 1971 BF Goodrich TireBird with LS6 in 73 Car Craft

09-22-2004, 06:50 AM
I know of a 1971 Pontiac Firebird Trans am that was one of five cars that BF Goodrich used for promotions. This car had a bad motor and a Writer for Car Craft magazine bought the car, put in a crate LS6 that was painted pontiac blue and painted the car yellow. I still have a bunch of articles on this car and I remember reading all about it in Junior High School. For sentimental reasons I would be very interested in the car but I am afraid this may cloud my judgment on the cars true value. The car has been sitting for years, somebody pulled out the rock crusher 4-speed and put in a turbo 400. It will need some minor work and a paint job in the future. The car has about 40,000 on the odometer. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Astock
09-22-2004, 05:17 PM
I have about five articals on that car and concidered buying it,too.The value in the motor could be as much as $6,500 to someone that needs the motor.It has about 18k orig. miles and sold from Berger as a complete motor with no vin #.The pad reads if I remember correctly 0427CRR or what ever the code would be for a LS6 auto.The orginal set of Minilites that cost $1,100 back in 1971,might be worth 2K also.I was at $17k with the guy and I'm sure he would take less.It's a nice low mile,garaged kept Ca. car that has some history.It's 1 of 5 dupes of Jerry Titus(?) T/A racer made for BFG's promo's.
Good luck

csx289
09-22-2004, 06:48 PM
A frequent flier on eBay recently... tried to contact the owner by phone and didn't get a reply. Neat car for the right $.
Colin

waynemiller
09-26-2004, 04:42 PM
I saw your post this morning, afterwords I was thumbing through Oct 2004 Popular Hotrodding and the subject TransAm is in that issue. It is under the Reverse Gear section, page 18. Talks about the LS-6!!! Take alook!

Wayne