PDA

View Full Version : 1970 GSX history

QQGSX
11-21-2004, 08:44 PM
I am hoping someone on this board can help me get some additional history on our 1970 Stage I GSX. We have owned it since 1999. I have spoken to the two previous owners, but they only go back to 1995. I know the previous owner to those two was Jose Rodriguez of Hialeah, Florida. He owned it from 1984 until he sold it in 1995. I have a copy of his title from Florida which shows the owner before Mr. Rodriguez bought it in 1976.

I know the car was sold new from Tom Endicott Buick in Pompano Beach, Florida. The dealership is still in existence. I actually spoke to Mr. Endicott who told me he worked at the dealership in 1970 when the car came in. At the time, his father ran the dealership. He told me that he thought the owner of the local Cris-Craft boat dealership bought the car new. He thought his name was John Rodi(spelling?). I have been unable to locate Mr. Rodi or Mr. Rodriguez.

I'm trying to find anyone who might be able to confirm this or put me in touch with Mr. Rodi (or a family member) or Mr Rodriguez who may be able to fill in the gaps for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I follow this board and I know there are many knowledgabe and helpful members here. Thank you,
George

sixtiesmuscle
11-21-2004, 08:58 PM
You may want to do a Google search in the Chicago area for Rodi. There was also a Rodi Chris Craft in this area.

CUSTOMD
11-25-2004, 08:06 AM
hi,hope you findthe info your looking for,iv got a 72 gsx,fully documented by sloans,this is 1 of only 44 ever built in 72,im also in the process of runing down the history of this car and its previous owners but wit the privacy laws its almost impossible to get info to be able to contact all the previous owners.
this car was sold in virginia and the last person on the title i have was also from va,im in st.louis mo and its hard to get any info from the dmvs.
the only thing i can think of is to pay an attorny and let them acess all the previous owners info and hope that they will respond to a letter from them???
good luck
DON