PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: '67 or '68 Camaro or Firebird.

Tim Greer
12-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a '67 or '68 Camaro or Firebird. It doesn't have to be anything special (I've already got something special). I'm certainly interested in something nice, but definitely not a COPO/Yenko, etc. that is a big money item. All of the current local deals suck (i.e., a 68 Firebird, not matching numbers engine, salvaged title and a cheap paint job (nice color, though) for $11,500!? The car is okay otherwise, but give me a break!), so I have to look elsewhere.

A hard top or convertible is fine. Just nothing thrashed or a basket case. Must be a v8 though. 327 or bigger, is fine. Doesn't need to be original/matching numbers. Automatic may actually be preferred on this one, but manual is fine, too.

If something needs paint, that's okay. I am not looking for anything that has rust/rot--something with light surface rust might be okay, but I am definitely not interested in something that requires new quarters or something major, or even floors, etc.

I don't mind replacing the hood, doors, fenders, valance, etc.--easy stuff. No back panels, roofs, and previously mentioned stuff though. You get the idea--I'm not a body man.

The car should not just be rolling, but running. Also, no salvaged cars or one's that you don't have the title for. Nothing with frame damage, etc. either. Finally, nothing that needs serious interior work.

So, a decent runner that hopefully doesn't need a rebuild anytime soon that looks decent and drives well is what I'm looking for. Also, it is important that the car not have any filler/bondo at all and dents that can't be remedied easily or with a new fender, door, etc. without having to deal with significant body work in addition.

Again, nothing special, but something that looks and drives nice for a daily driver, or can with some replacements and/or a paint job. Also, I'm not looking for something that has any reproduction sheet metal. It should have all original GM or a quality, genuine GM NOS part in regards to sheet metal.

Depending on the car (Camaro or Firebird), the preference would be RS, SS, RS/SS, HO. Big blocks are also more desirable, but not required either (I don't care about gas). The car should not be modified for drag/tubed or blown.

The price isn't set that I'm looking to spend, and will depend on the quality and model of the car, options, etc., and the value, of course. Please contact me and let me know what you have, what you want for it, and the time frame you're looking to sell it in.

I simply refuse to buy off of eBay and would prefer to buy from or through contact with someone that is known and trusted here, if possible. If it's a California car and is currently registered, that is a big plus, and even bigger if you're in the Sacramento area to the Shasta county area (I'm in Redding). Thanks.

Tim Greer
[email protected]

JChlupsa
12-06-2004, 09:59 PM
In the Honolulu Advertiser this morning:
----------------------------------------
SERIOUS ONLY!
"67 FIREBIRD 4-speed, pwr brakes, pwr steering, too much to list. $15,000 firm. 808-625-5971

-----------------------------------------

I can take a look at this car if its on Oahu if anyone wants more info/Pics on the car. Is so let me know the areas that you would like pics of.

Tim Greer
12-07-2004, 12:00 AM
I'd be interested, but I don't want you to waste any time looking at it--I don't know how much it would cost to get it over to the mainland. You may have some knowledge/experience with that, since you live there? If so, do you know the general cost? Thanks a lot.

JChlupsa
12-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Shipping from Honolulu to Long Beach runs just under a grand, Last time I check it was in the $965 area. If you call the guy you might mention shipping and see if he would come down or split the shipping.

Tim Greer
12-07-2004, 03:24 AM
That's not bad at all. And, thanks a lot. I'll probably give im a call sometime later today. I appreciate the info/post.