PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Northeast Event FAST & F/S classes

supergonzo
01-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Well it looks like we will officially be on the schedule for July 30th, this is the Funny Car / Nostalgia weekend, so hopefully we can get some good advertising on the radio for the FAST & Factory Stock event.

The other date I got was November 12th. basically same as last year, hopefully it won't snow that day. OOPS maybe I should keep my mouth shut.

Details

www.musclecarrace.com (http://www.musclecarrace.com)

supergonzo
01-09-2005, 04:18 AM
This is a reprint from The Raceway Park News... I am getting copies for you guys that ran. After reading this you can be sure that Raceway Park Englishtown,NJ is now fully behind these type of events. Again thanks for showing up guys, I think we have something going here in the N.E.

==================================================

MUSCLE CARS TO STAR
ON JULY 30 and NOVEMBER 12
After 40 years, America’s love affair with Detroit muscle is bigger than ever. Don’t take my word for it, just ask anyone who has recently purchased, or sold one of these most desirable classics. High dollar value and collectibility is only part of the reason for the resurgence in their popularity. These cars were legends in their own time, and not without reason. Horsepower was king and the factories played a constant game of one-upmanship in order to climb to the top of the muscle car mountain. Engine development and performance option lists seemed to change on a weekly basis. Incredible power plants, with names like LS6, Cobra Jet, Stage III, and 426 Hemi were the result of engineers and dyno operators burning the midnight oil in battle to “Win on Sunday, and sell on Monday”. Every manufacturer had a fan base, and every fan believed that their favorite factory hot rod was the baddest of the bunch. The rivalries that were spawned 4 decades ago continue unabated to this very day.
So how do we find out which car is the nastiest, most powerful, quickest and fastest of all time? We’re gonna race ‘em! And.....we’ll race heads-up! No handicaps, no excuses.

The Factory Stock and F.A.S.T. classes will be the headliners on Saturday, July 30th and Saturday,November 12 as Raceway Park presents the F.A.S.T. And Factory Stock Muscle Car Drags. Factory Stock means exactly what is sounds like. Meticulously restored muscle cars, looking as though they just left the assembly line make up this popular class of competition. That’s right, no trailer queens, no slicks, no headers, no aftermarket performance enhancers at all! Driver skill and tuning ability is paramount in order to get low e.t.s on the requiredbias ply tires.
If names like Max Wedge, Ram Air IV, COPO, and Six Pak get your excitement level up, be assured that it does the same thing to the F.A.S.T. racers. Think of F.A.S.T. ( Factory Appearance Stock Tire) as “legal cheaters”. From all outward appearances they look to be pure stock, but appearances can be very deceiving. Boring, stroking, maximizing compression ratios, and hidden “trick” ignition systems are all part of the F.A.S.T. game. These guys use every trick in the book to kick performance levels into the “impossible” arena. How quick and fast are they? Last Fall, New Jersey’s Greg Gessler in a 455 Buick, and Michigan racer Tom Dudek’s Dodge, running Hemi power ran the quickest side by side FA.S.T. pass ever with Gessler getting to the finish stripe first, 11.03 to 11.02!
Just a couple of hundredths from the tens and that was on Polyglas tires!

Do you love these cars as much as we do? Do you own one? Want to be a part of this muscle car madness? Don’t think you can hang out in F/S or F.A.S.T.? No Problem! There will also be a bracket style eliminator for American produced iron that don’t quite fit the exacting requirements of the two headline classes. More information can be found at www.factorystockmusclecars.com/ (http://www.factorystockmusclecars.com/)