PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Info

JHerston
01-11-2005, 02:53 PM
One good place to start is the State where your vehicle was purchased if you know, I have a 72 Nova that I bought from a guy in Tenn., nothing special, just a regular stock Nova. Back in the day we refered to it as an old mans Nova not realising some day we would be them old men. Being from Akron area its hard to find something rust free! I checked on Tennesee's website and they claimed they will do a vehicle check for 15.00 or something,. I sent all the info and they sent me everthing they had on it including a copy of the dealer invoice! It took a few months but well worth the wait! So it pays to check with the state first.
Good Luck,
Jeff

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Tenn. is a very good state for title work. I bought my deuce from a guy in Tenn, and when I inquired with the DMV they told me it was from KY. KY was even easier! I called the DMV, gave them the license plate number (KY cars must leave the state with the KY plate apparently!), they gave me the guys name but not his phone number. A quick call to information, and I had his phone number. Boy was he surprised to hear from me! He thought the car was still in TN, but was happy to know that I was restoring it. He then dug out the 'field' pics, super nice guy!

So, don't rule out title searches just yet http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JHerston
01-12-2005, 09:59 PM
If you don't know much about your vehicles history or just want to confirm what you were told it's well worth it! Everything I received was copied from microfilm so its not the best, But even a copy of the original invoice and loan papers.

Leonard1
03-14-2005, 07:09 PM
I registered just to reply to this. I also got an invoice from TN for a 69 camaro. They sent me about 45 pages of stuff copied from microfiche, including the MSO, invoice, bank loan papers, etc. I am the 11th owner. I had some trouble getting the info, though, because they didn't have me listed as the owner (since the car is now in KY). I'm glad to see that someone else has had the same luck as I have!

firstgenaddict
03-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey are there any COPO's sold new in TN that are "undiscovered"

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
03-16-2005, 12:45 AM
There were some Yenko cars sold in TN, worth checking out.

Igosplut
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JHerston</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One good place to start is the State where your vehicle was purchased if you know, I have a 72 Nova that I bought from a guy in Tenn., nothing special, just a regular stock Nova. Back in the day we refered to it as an old mans Nova not realising some day we would be them old men. Being from Akron area its hard to find something rust free! I checked on Tennesee's website and they claimed they will do a vehicle check for 15.00 or something,. I sent all the info and they sent me everthing they had on it including a copy of the dealer invoice! It took a few months but well worth the wait! So it pays to check with the state first.
Good Luck,
Jeff </div></div>

This is outstanding info for me, as I have a 70 Nova original 375 car with no GM paperwork, but owner history back to the second owner. He told me the original owner lost the car to his wife in a divorce (she drove it back to Ohio where her mother lived). This guy worked at Bill Gatton Chevrolet (still in business) in Bristol TN after he got out of the service, and bought it from them. I've called there over the years and they have always been helpful, but said without the original owners name they can't do a thing for me (second owner could not remember for the life off him, and he bought it off the wife). So enter this and there might be a chance that I can get documentation. I know this is from 05, but the info was still up on TN site......

Igosplut
01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Just an update on this. Tenn was contacted about my car and they had info. It's on it's way up as I type this and I should have it today or in the next few days. We'll see if there's anything worthwhile there....

Xplantdad
01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Cool...good luck!

x77-69z28
01-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Cool. My car has been in New York all it's life. I bought it from the second owner in 1978. I recently hooked up with him and he did have the orig owners manual, and dealer envelope from hm Williams co. He can't remember the original owners name or where the guy lived. New York just had too many cars over the years and doesn't have any records. I am still holding out hope that he can find the protect-o-plate. Hey, he still had the owners manual and dealers envelope 34 years after I bought it from him!

Igosplut
02-23-2013, 09:25 PM
This has proved to be more of a pain than originally thought. The woman who processes the paperwork has left the La RMV. Dealing strictly through another avenue, we are starting the process anew. There is a man working on it, but according to him all the records (for this car) are paper. So the search is ongoing and I was told I might hear something in the next few weeks.. Stay tuned......