PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info

69 judge
02-22-2005, 06:26 AM
I am looking for info on a 69 COPO camaro that was bought new in western Canada and was sold in the late 80s early 90s It went to the U.S. and was to be restored just wondering if anyone on this board knows of it Its a light green with standard black interior the vin number is 124379N650700

Mr70
02-22-2005, 07:30 AM
That's probably Rallye Green.
Was it a TH400 sold out of Central Chev/Olds?
Or possibly this 4spd HERE. (http://www.yenko.net/features/2002/December2002.htm)

69 judge
02-23-2005, 04:14 AM
I was told it was sold new out of Sandard Motors in Swift Current Sask. There was two sold out of this dealership they were ordered at the same time by two freinds they were ordered exactly the same in color and options but only the one I have the vin for still exists one was totaled

1969camarors427
02-28-2005, 02:10 AM
I used to own a rallye green copo that was sold in Medicine Hat AB, i only know of one copo up in the red deer area that was a green car, the guy has had that car since the late eighties early nineties. I cannot remember which colour of green it was originally but it is painted black now.

Mr70
02-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Red Deer! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Off topic:
I almost bought a Frame off 1970 Gobi Beige LS6 Convertible Chevelle out of Red Deer 8 years ago or so.
Guy represented to me as authentic,sent pictures of on going resto,reciepts etc..& I was getting ready to board a plane after we conversed quite a bit on the phone.
I got wind of Vintage Vehicle Services,& called George Z.
I gave him the VIN# of said vehicle over the phone,& he had it recorded as a 1970 307 Malibu Gobi Beige Convert sold new on the East coast of Canada.
I never got on that plane,& eventually got my money back.
I never heard of that Gobi LS6 convert.again,but I have ALL the pictures & Canada Docs that George & Seller sent me.
I'm watching for it...

Stefano
02-28-2005, 05:16 AM
There was a Gobi Beige LS6 Rag top for sale at the B/J auction a couple of years ago. No docs.

Mr70
02-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi Stefano
I don't think that was the same Chevelle?
If memory serves,Charley or someone out west said someone bought that B/J Chevelle,then painted it Astro Blue.I then remember a thread here showing it at an indoor carshow,in Astro Blue with a sign next to it claiming it to be authentic,but w/no docs at all.
They put a HUGE amount of money in that resto too.
Team Chevelle & here pretty much ripped on it.
I did check B/J auction results from I think 02,& it's VIN# was listed,& that was not the same VIN# I knew from Red Deer.

1969camarors427
03-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Rick, i remember the car, the guy was trying to sell it all over, i thought one year he did haul to B/J auction to try sell. I did know the car was a clone. I will check more into it and see what i can find out.

Mr70
03-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks George.
I have pix of it at a show in Idaho,from 1990's.
I don't know if that was B/J or not.
He wanted 65K back then,which for a clone today,isn't so outrageous to some,but is to me.They did an amazing amount of restoration/detail work on this Chevelle,as the 20 some pictures he sent me show.

Canucklehead
03-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Is this the one you were thinking of?
http://www.happycarz.com/pics_and_descp.php?id=539

1969camarors427
03-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Rick, the car was definatly at a sale in Idaho in the nineties. The guy brought the cat back to Edmonton Alberta and still tried to sell it as a non documented LS6 convertible. He eventually sold it to a farmer in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, the price i am not sure of. The new owner new it was a clone when he bought it as the news spread pretty fast of the car. He ordered a complete new interior and a bunch of other parts for the car from a friend of mine at a local muscle car parts supplier. He then had it worked on at a shop in Saskatoon called Champion auto body or service. That is really all i found out about the car.

Mr70
03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Good to know.I always wondered what happened to this car.
I am glad to hear the current owner knows it is a Clone,& is OK with that.
Thanks George.

Charley Lillard
03-06-2005, 06:54 AM
The Gobi beige fake got changed to Astro blue with added paperwork by the same guy that sold the 68 Corvette Bronze L89 Camaro at Barrett-Jackson that Jerry Macneish was asking about.