PDA

View Full Version : '68 Nickey Biscayne nickey emblem placement

zeke
03-29-2005, 06:34 AM
Hi all, I posted here once a while back under the name "elwood" I think. Anyways, we have a 4-speed '68 Nickey 427 Chevy Biscayne with 67xx original miles on it. Yes, six thousand actual original miles. It is currently being repainted, and I was hoping someone here would know the correct placement of the little chrome "nickey" emblems. The car didn't have them on it when my dad bought it 15 or so years ago, but we knew the car had already been repainted. I want to make VERY sure that (1) our car would/could/may have had these emblems on it in the first place (I've only seen them on Nickey Camaros, but then again I've never ever seen another Nickey Biscayne) and (2) that we put them in the correct spots on the car. Do they go above the side marker light/427 badge on the fender? Any information on this would be HUGELY helpful. Thanks in advance, people.

BTW, I apologize but I do not have any current pics of the car. I do have several older pictures of our Biscayne on my website: http://www.pabstlovers.org/~zeke/68biscayne/

Note the tow tabs that were welded in by a previous owner that poke through the panel just under the front bumper. In the pic of my dad launching at the drag strip, you can also see the Nickey installed ladder bars. Cool story about that pic...we were at Rock Falls Raceway in Wisconsin. It was a test day, but at the end of every test day they have eliminations just for fun (winner gets $100 or so at the time). That yellow Chevelle in the right lane was a regular at the bracket races...I'm talking trans brake, all kinds of race goodies, etc. My dad beat him, powershifting and all. Hahaha awesome.

Brian, aka Zeke
[email protected]

Postsedan
03-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Brian,

Welcome back. I cannot correctly answer your question pertaining to the Nickey emblem placement. However I can say that your car is one of the coolest cars I`ve seen on this site. Please share more pictures with us when your car returns from the paint booth. I hope you leave the tow tabs in place, they are part of the cars history. Good Luck.

Dan.

Belair62
03-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Zeke...whaddya got showing the car came from Nickey ???

Xplantdad
03-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Here's his two previous posts with the name Elwood 440...tells a bit of history about the car, plus mentions Don Swaitek...didn't his name appear on some Nickey memorabilia that K. Suydam bought(or bid on) on ebay?

Check here: First Post (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=nickey&Number=66814&Searc hpage=1&Main=66582&Words=+elwood440&topic=&Search= true#Post66814)

Second Post (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=nickey&Number=67180&Searc hpage=1&Main=66815&Words=+elwood440&topic=&Search= true#Post67180)

BBIGG BLOCK 396
03-29-2005, 08:33 AM
His name was on a business card recently shown If I remember correctly.I think it was on e bay

Bobby Dodson

Stefano
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Meet Don Swiatek in person, Nickey's Hi-Performance Manager. He worked at Nickey Chevrolet from 1952-1973, Then went to Nickey Chicago until 1977 and is still working with us today.

He will be at the Chevy Vette Fest Nationals. in Rosemont this November 17th 18th.