PDA

View Full Version : 68 Corvette COPO

serge
02-03-2006, 06:05 PM
thought everyone would appreciate this...

Not a 427 aluminum block car like the camaros but a true COPO ordered corvette.

'68 327/350 Air Conditioned Roadster
Special Order British Green with Burnt Orange Interior
(black was the only RPO interior avail with Brit Green)
4 speed
PS/PB
Tele
2 Tops

Dropped the tank a few week ago to find an excellent original tank sticker showing the ordered colors and an order # in the "Copo/F&SO" location...

Seen special ordered 63-67 vettes with unique colors but never a '68...I'll try to post a photo of the car/tank sheet or if someone else is handy at that, email me and I'll send it to you...

[email protected]

enjoy

Salvatore
02-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Good going Steve. Welcome to the site. How about some pictures of the car? Sam

Kurt S
02-06-2006, 10:04 AM
That would be the F&SO #, ie the special order #, for the color override. Not a COPO (no engineering approval or design required), but an order that still had to be approved by the Central Office.
Interesting, in the Camaro world, color overrides didn't require an special order #.

serge
02-07-2006, 06:29 PM
If it had to go thru central office, that makes it COPO, doesn't it? After all, there are many unique 63-67 corvettes that are considered COPO by their non-rpo color order with no engineering/special motors involved...

serge
02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
photos

Kurt S
02-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Ah, this topic again. It's been discussed some before.
It's in the definition of COPO. If a COPO # wasn't generated, then it's not. Lots of paint approvals and lots of fleet cars went thru the Central Office. They are special orders that required some type of review/approval (and some say ordered via a COPO process). But special order does not equal COPO.
A COPO required engineering work and a COPO # to detail the changes. Most were trucks (changes in wheelbase, mounts, etc), some police cars, and a few hi-po's....

serge
02-09-2006, 12:06 AM
What does "F&SO" mean / stand for then?

Xplantdad
02-09-2006, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What does "F&SO" mean / stand for then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it stand for "Fleet and Special Order"? http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

PeteLeathersac
02-09-2006, 12:32 AM
I think it's Fleet & Shop Order. ~ Pete

GTO_DON
02-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Fix and Ship out? http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

elcamino
03-01-2006, 04:51 AM
from the archives..

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that your car was special ordered through the Chevrolet Fleet & Special Order Department (many of you folks call it the COPO Group).

During the years that I was a part of this group, we processed many orders for vehicles with special paint. Although these vehicles were ordered with "special paint", they are not considered to be COPO cars. I'm surprised that more of these "special paint" cars haven't shown-up, as many of these orders were for performance cars.

[/ QUOTE ]