frankbuck454
04-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi, can someone show me a picture of the placement of a by
berger emblem on a 67 chevelle malibu.
Thanks,
Frank

camarojoe
04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't think there is an "exact" placement for a dealer emblem...Most are placed on the left hand side, but as far as an exact location, I think you'd probably be ok putting in anywhere you wish, as I doubt any 2 were installed exactly the same. These were attached with 2 sheetmetal screws originally, so if the car is a real Berger sold unit, check for evidence of holes.

frankbuck454
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks Joe, Have pop from Burger for car. The tail panel must have been replaced at one time. I am looking to be as exact as possible on the restoration.

camarojoe
05-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Its also quite possible the car never had a Berger badge on it to begin with. Many customers request that badges, plate frames, etc. not be installed on their new cars. Plus with big/hig volume dealerships like Berger, its very possible they didn't get around to installing one on every car coming in.

D BERGER
07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
If I remember correctly, the "by berger" was placed on the lower left of the tail panel and the left edge of the "b" was straight up and down. This gave the emblem a slight angle upward on the right end. You have to remember that they were installed by the tech who prepped the car and were subject to some variances. In the early 80's Chevy was concerned that the screws placed through the panels and on some models, trunks, would rust and would spread. Concequently we decided to use a pressure sensitive decal instead of the metal emblems. In retrospect, I don't think our "by berger" screws rusted nearly as bad as did some of the panels!!!! Hope this helps!

Xplantdad
07-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey Dale...Welcome to the best muscle car site anywhere! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

frankbuck454
07-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank you!

Chevy454
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Well, there you go! Nothing like getting it straight from the source! Welcome Dale!!