PDA

View Full Version : copo vin list

sean70ss
07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Does anybody have a copy of the copo vin list they can send me? appreciate the help. Thanks sean

COPO
07-29-2006, 01:49 AM
They're still on Ed's site:

http://www.copo.com/L72-Vin-Sort.htm

sean70ss
07-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. sean

RUQUIK
07-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Is this list available any where else, copo.com is gone?

Xplantdad
07-17-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.camaros.org/9560list.shtml
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

William
07-17-2010, 11:14 PM
There is no complete listing of all COPO 9561 [L72] VINs.

Most of Yenkos cars are known and there are private compilations of many of the others but that's it.

Cents
08-06-2010, 01:06 PM
William can you direct me to who has a private list of the Yenko cars?

Thanks,
Mike

William
08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
You must be new at this.

I am aware of several people who have chased these cars for more than 20 years. In that time they cultivated contacts with access to registration info, spent thousands of dollars on title/registration searches that are no longer permitted in some states. One of them spent days in a library going through microfiche classified ads from old newspapers. Old phone numbers are investigated. The amount of paperwork they have is incredible. Much of what they have is no longer officially on file anywhere.

From this expensive, time consuming research they know the location of a few cars that have dropped off the radar. Asking them to hand over this information is out of the question.

Chevy454
08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must be new at this.

I am aware of several people who have chased these cars for more than 20 years. In that time they cultivated contacts with access to registration info, spent thousands of dollars on title/registration searches that are no longer permitted in some states. One of them spent days in a library going through microfiche classified ads from old newspapers. Old phone numbers are investigated. The amount of paperwork they have is incredible. Much of what they have is no longer officially on file anywhere.

From this expensive, time consuming research they know the location of a few cars that have dropped off the radar. Asking them to hand over this information is out of the question.

</div></div>
Just to add to that...a large part of the owners that have registered their cars [or simply exchanged info] have expressed that they'd rather their car/info not be made public.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-01-2010, 12:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must be new at this.

</div></div>

You must have been watching me for the last 10+ years!