PDA

View Full Version : Nickey Chevrolet background info needed

JHS
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I am restoring a 1970 L78 Nova and have been told by the second owner that the car was originally ordered from Nickey Chevrolet. Where is/was Nickey Chevrolet located? The guy said the dealership he was referring to is located in Weathing IL and, he thinks, is now called Basic Chevrolet. I know the name of the original owner so wondered if there are any archived files from Nickey around that might help me with my project and if anyone knows how to contact them. The guy I have talked to lives in Spring Grove IL, says the original owner still has all the original docs and he will check with him but you know how those claims go...

JHS
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I can't read my own writing, it may be Wheeling IL where the dealership was located.

sYc
01-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Here you go. BTW, one of our sponsers.

Nickey Chicago (http://www.nickeychicago.net/)

JHS
01-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks, I did check them out and will call the previous owner again for clarification. He did say the car was ordered from Nickey but he is probably mistaken.

Steven J
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't read my own writing, it may be Wheeling IL where the dealership was located.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a Chevrolet Dealer in Wheeling in 1970, Yarnall Todd Chevrolet. It is now Bill Stasek Chevrolet. Nickey Chevrolet was in Chicago and has been demolished.

If your car came from Yarnall Todd, I'm looking for a dealer sticker from them, or a photo of one----needle in a haystack..........

Belair62
01-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Yarnall Todd>Tom Todd> Stasek. Steven...I think Tom Todd the previous owner may still live around here somewhere , maybe he can help you find a Yarnall Todd sticker