PDA

View Full Version : 69 L-78 396/375 SS El Camino 4-spd Orig Motor

06-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Well I brought the El Camino home and it is more of a project than I can do at this time. It is a real 1969 L-78 396/375hp car with the original build sheet that you can make out some of the codes. You can still see L-78 and JD on the sheet. The drive train is the original "born with" motor, muncie M-20 trans and 12-bolt 3:55 rear end. All the major parts have the right date codes, part numbers and have the original VIN stamps. Nothing has been altered, modified or restamped. Most of the parts under the hood are the original date coded parts with just a few replacement parts. The car is an original orange car with black vinyl top, black bucket seats, center console interior, factory tach & gauges, power steering, power front disc brakes and deluxe seat belts. The car has been in storage for a very long time and it shows. There is rust in the right fender, a rust hole in the top and bubbles starting in the dash panel under the cracked windshield. There is a dent in the panel behind the left door, the left fender and the tail gate. There is old body work in the left quarter. The floors are solid with the original paint. The rockers, lower quarters and underside look good with no issues other than being very dirty from the long term storage. The original drive train was removed from the car and put in storage after the last owner who owned the car for 25 years broke a gear in the transmission. The car will need paint, body work, interior work and have the original drive train rebuilt and installed. It is a project car but when is the last time you saw a real 1969 L-78 El Camino? I am asking $25,000 for the car but I am open to offers or trades up or down for a nice complete SS Chevelle, SS Nova or a SS,Z/28, Copo Clone 1969 Camaro. If you are interested please e-mail me for more pictures at [email protected] or call me at 714-962-7650 if you have any questions.
Mark Sheppard

06-06-2007, 10:14 PM
This Karma thing just keeps working. It looks like the El Camino will be heading back east.
Mark Sheppard