PDA

View Full Version : The Passing of Kathryn Berger

zmanrc
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM
It is with much sadness that I tell you of the passing of Kathryn "Dinny" Berger. Dale Bergers wife of 49 years. The article below was taken from the local newspaper last week.
Our hearts go out to Dale, Matt and the rest of the Berger family.

Kathryn Lynn Berger
Kathryn Lynn (Dinny) Berger, aged 67, devoted wife, beloved mother, and adored grandmother, entered into the presence of her savior, Jesus Christ, Sunday, July 15, 2007. Her sudden departure will be missed by many. She will be remembered for her joyful hospitality, kindness and generosity to all she knew. She was born in Grand Rapids to Max and Dorothy (Napieralski) Ludlow. She was a 1958 graduate of East Grand Rapids High School. She kept in touch with many of her classmates and continued to be active in the planning and execution of the "Class of '58" reunions. She was a former member of the Steketee Guild and the Kent Garden Club. Her happiest moments were the ones she spent doting on her four wonderful grandchildren. They put the sparkle in her smile and the twinkle in her eye! She will be sadly missed by Tyler, Macey, and Morgan Berger and Travis Faulkner. She enjoyed traveling with her husband over the years and most recently to their Northern Home in Bay Harbor, Michigan. She is also survived by her loving husband of 49 years, Dale Berger; son, Matthew Berger (Shari); daughter, Jody (Ralph) Faulkner; brother, William Ludlow; sister-in-law, Susan (Tom) White; brother-in-law, William (Linda) Berger; niece, Tara (Vince) Cardella; nephew, Tad (Ellie) Berger; nephew, Tom White; great nephew, Nicholas Cardella; and special friends, Betty Morren and Beth Van Zytveld. The family will welcome relatives and friends at the Metcalf & Jonkhoff Funeral Home on Wednesday (7/18) from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. A celebration of her life will be held on Thursday at 11:00 a.m. in the funeral home chapel. In lieu of flowers, Memorials may be made to Grand Rapids Christian High School or Ada Christian School.

ANDY M
07-23-2007, 06:49 PM
My condolences to the family. I'm so sorry for their loss.