The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Yenko Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   pretty sure i found an undocumented 69 yenko. need help (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146399)

oldskoolss 01-03-2018 09:40 PM

pretty sure i found an undocumented 69 yenko. need help

This is a long story, but I'm pretty sure Ive found a 69 yenko. original owner, fathom green car. Gentleman who owned it was a sponsored driver. 744 original miles. numbers matching car with a crated nickey 427 sitting beside it in the garage. It has never left his possession. His elderly wife has it now. I will have an opportunity to see the car in about two weeks. It hasn't left her home since the mid 70's. She will not give me the VIN over the phone. She is understandable secretive about the car as she is elderly and doesn't want to be taken advantage of. I just want to rattle someone's brain who can lead me in the right direction as I try to buy this car. I just have some questions, if someone can lead me to someone who is an authority on them.

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-03-2018 09:47 PM

Nice first post :-)

Heavy hitter right off the bat.

If you found what you think you have found you need to decide who you can trust and who will own your car before you do :-)

Ryan

Postsedan 01-03-2018 10:01 PM

This can go very good in one way, yet so bad in many ways.

Best of luck,

Dan

Lynn 01-03-2018 10:27 PM

I see you have an OKLA area code. I am in OK and would be glad to help you (or the car) if you aren't too far from Guthrie. I can't afford a Yenko right now, so you don't need to worry about me buying it out from under you. Send me a pm if interested, and I will call you.

I am not near the expert some of the guys on here are, but would be able to at least take a first look to see confirm.

Look here for a list of vin's.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?p=731698

First thing you should do is get the vin, and see if it is on the list.

JKZ27 01-03-2018 10:33 PM

This sounds exciting. Be careful how much information you give out, i.e. location. Good luck! Keep us posted!

oldskoolss 01-04-2018 06:08 PM

yenko

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 1382324)
I see you have an OKLA area code. I am in OK and would be glad to help you (or the car) if you aren't too far from Guthrie. I can't afford a Yenko right now, so you don't need to worry about me buying it out from under you. Send me a pm if interested, and I will call you.

I am not near the expert some of the guys on here are, but would be able to at least take a first look to see confirm.

Look here for a list of vin's.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?p=731698

First thing you should do is get the vin, and see if it is on the list.

I kept my Oklahoma number as I hate changing things.

bbbentley 01-04-2018 09:58 PM

If you take pictures, turn your location off before you leave your house. Imbedded in the photo will be the Lat/Long. coordinates that can lead a person right to the car.

Crush 01-04-2018 10:01 PM

Wow the lengths people will go through.....

COPO 01-05-2018 01:46 AM

I'm calling BS on this post. A Yenko with 744 miles a Nickey Crate motor sitting on the side? Is it April 1st yet?

camaromb 01-05-2018 03:28 AM

Reminds me of the story of the guy with the Wi lemans blue Yenko Camaro with something like 100 original miles. The guy also had a "new" Hemi Dart if I'm not mistaken. His Yenko pics he shared were horizontal slivers of generic photos from the internet. Needless to say it was BS, although he did have copies of dealer work orders from the early '70s when he may have actually owned a blue Yenko.

RST 01-05-2018 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COPO (Post 1382496)
I'm calling BS on this post. A Yenko with 744 miles a Nickey Crate motor sitting on the side? Is it April 1st yet?

Would like to think its real ................... however + 1

The Boss 01-05-2018 11:36 AM

In for the show.

Xplantdad 01-05-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromb (Post 1382516)
Reminds me of the story of the guy with the Wi lemans blue Yenko Camaro with something like 100 original miles. The guy also had a "new" Hemi Dart if I'm not mistaken. His Yenko pics he shared were horizontal slivers of generic photos from the internet. Needless to say it was BS, although he did have copies of dealer work orders from the early '70s when he may have actually owned a blue Yenko.

I believe Mark is talking about: https://www.yenko.net/forum/member.php?u=42226

DW31S 01-06-2018 12:08 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but if it is undocumented, how would it be on the list? I did some background work and digging around on uncovering the latest ZL1 with another member here, so YES, some gems are still out there. The ZL1 was “uncovered” from a photo at a local drag strip showing a car with a urethane bumper. The car turned out to exist albeit a candidate for a total (extremely cut up drag car) resto. I had zero interest in anything to do with that car other than a little sleuthing. My point is, I wouldn’t discount the possibility of a rare car still hiding. Before believing it does or doesn’t exist I’d want more info on the car, driver, sponsorship, etc. As for posting the details of this car, I’d suggest to the person who started this thread to “keep your eyes on your fries” and button your lip. Pay the money and hire a bonafide inspector who is knowledgeable of the marque and who is licensed and bonded and trustworthy. If this IS alive and available, the cost to have the car inspected is a drop in the bucket.

Carolina Dreamin' 01-06-2018 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COPO (Post 1382496)

I wish we had the "Like" feature on this forum so I could "like" this post......:bs:

camaromb 01-06-2018 02:08 AM

Yes they are still out there, like the #17 ZL1 that was found in the last 5 years or so by the owner of the motor thanks to member William's help. It was in a collection striped and believed to be a Yenko by the owner. It was silver with Yenko stripes! It's hard to believe this could happen with all the information about these cars that is available.

Charley Lillard 01-06-2018 02:33 AM

I suggest you accept Lynn’s help. You can trust him..

SuperNovaSS 01-06-2018 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Lillard (Post 1382637)
I suggest you accept Lynn’s help. You can trust him..

x2

John 01-06-2018 10:28 AM

... Trust Lynn with his help and let us know ONLY when you have it in your own garage.

... Good Luck ...I hope this works out for you . :flag:

SS427 01-06-2018 04:11 PM

Never give up searching and follow every lead. Yes there ARE still cars out there waiting to be found and some in the most obvious places.

427freak 01-06-2018 04:35 PM

Good luck. I hope this works out.

iluv69s 01-08-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1382534)
I believe Mark is talking about: https://www.yenko.net/forum/member.php?u=42226

How about the hemi car that was pulled out of the river by the guy with the tow truck with the original ZL-1 block ?? Anyone remember that story here?

They are still out there, but I believe this story is WAYYY out there.

But, I hope it is true !!

chevyman0429 01-08-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluv69s (Post 1382962)
How about the hemi car that was pulled out of the river by the guy with the tow truck with the original ZL-1 block ?? Anyone remember that story here?

They are still out there, but I believe this story is WAYYY out there.

But, I hope it is true !!

Boy not to derail this thread but I'd love to hear the story on the ZL1 equipped hemi car!

ZAPPER68 01-08-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS427 (Post 1382690)
Never give up searching and follow every lead. Yes there ARE still cars out there waiting to be found and some in the most obvious places.

Isn't that the truth...!

iluv69s 01-09-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman0429 (Post 1382964)
Boy not to derail this thread but I'd love to hear the story on the ZL1 equipped hemi car!

It was a Hemi car that was pulled our of a river at a junkyard.... The junkyard owner had a ZL-1 equipped towtruck.... (Real SYC story that i will never forget). ..don't know if anyone remembers and can find the thread ??

Zman1969 01-15-2018 06:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
reminds me about a copo that was found couple years ago
then and now "they're still out there"
good luck on the possible Yenko

Mr70 01-15-2018 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And we know that one was authentic. :CharleySucks: