The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140881)

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 05:18 PM

Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

3 Attachment(s)
Sold a 1965 Impala 375hp Holley with the rare peanut bowls on eBay. Buyer most likely damaged carburetor purposely on air horn and sent back carburetor with no bowls and other missing parts. Contacted eBay about this, but please beware. He uses two different user names to bait and switch you as well. His name is Albert Hill out of 42 N Madison Drive Three Way, TN. Also uses a Humboldt, TN address. Ebay user names he uses are 1auto123 to bait you and then buys through tradepart1 which is a private feedback account.

SuperNovaSS 01-12-2017 05:44 PM

Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

WOW! That sucks. Is EBay going to help?

Jason

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 05:57 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! That sucks. Is EBay going to help?

Jason </div></div>

Just received this Holley back this morning. Contacted eBay and it fell under high value claims. They are looking into it now and they had me report the buyer for misusing returns. I'll find out if they side with me or not at some point.

-Matt

01-12-2017 06:15 PM

That's just evil! Can the air horn be repaired?

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 06:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's just evil! Can the air horn be repaired? </div></div>

I'm sure it could if the piece that was knocked out was just one piece, but it's multiple pieces. Hardest part to replace are the peanut bowls and they're honestly worth more than the rest of the carburetor.

-Matt

cook_dw 01-12-2017 06:27 PM

That sucks... Some people are scum... Good luck and I hope they decide to reimburse you.. He needs his ass double kicked for destroying that carb on top of stealing the bowls..

BJCHEV396 01-12-2017 06:38 PM

Hope you get restitution from EBay Matt.I was screwed on an EBay carb deal a few years ago so I know how you feel.

ne70ss 01-12-2017 06:39 PM

That sucks!

HawkX66 01-12-2017 07:25 PM

Why bother breaking and returning the rest if you're going to steal the bowls? Sounds kind of odd to go through the trouble.

Bill Pritchard 01-12-2017 07:36 PM

Isn't that the guy that all kinds of people have had trouble with? Those TN towns sound familiar [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

Bill Pritchard 01-12-2017 07:38 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HawkX66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why bother breaking and returning the rest if you're going to steal the bowls? Sounds kind of odd to go through the trouble. </div></div>

Because then it gives the appearance that the buyer is at least going thru the motions of returning &quot;damaged goods&quot; in hopes of getting a complete refund on his purchase.

earntaz 01-12-2017 07:56 PM

Back in the day we would send a few of the boys to have a talk with low-lifes like this ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 08:12 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HawkX66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why bother breaking and returning the rest if you're going to steal the bowls? Sounds kind of odd to go through the trouble. </div></div>

I guess he wanted to justify the return somehow? I forgot to mention that he wanted me to send his money back before he even returned the carburetor. Asked me multiple times to do so. Probably so I wouldn't have any recourse once I found out his scam that was in play. It's unfortunate that a scammer like this has the balls to try and pull something like this off.

HawkX66 01-12-2017 08:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HawkX66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why bother breaking and returning the rest if you're going to steal the bowls? Sounds kind of odd to go through the trouble. </div></div>

I guess he wanted to justify the return somehow? I forgot to mention that he wanted me to send his money back before he even returned the carburetor. Asked me multiple times to do so.
</div></div>
Ah, that's where the scam was. At least you got paid already. If not, then it would sound like a good reason for a road trip. Good luck.

ZLP955 01-12-2017 08:24 PM

What a scumbag. Is this the same guy in Humboldt TN who restamps blocks?

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 08:28 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLP955</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a scumbag. Is this the same guy in Humboldt TN who restamps blocks? </div></div>

Wow, thanks for the memory jolt. I guess I can use this against him with eBay. Looks like another one of his user names is cnjr107 which is also private feedback.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...546&amp;page=1

ZLP955 01-12-2017 08:53 PM

I *think* another of his ebay IDs was 'vintagesouth' located in Humboldt TN, just looked it up but the feedback profile is set to private so I was unable to confirm.
Had a number of so-called L78 and DZ blocks listed a year or two ago, never showed close-ups of the pad stamps (just out-of-focus shots), and wouldn't provide better pics on request.

Mr70 01-12-2017 09:02 PM

Reminds me of the vintage slotcar race set I sold on eBay.
Buyer returned it to me for a full refund saying it was incomplete,which it wasn't,as he took the missing parts out that he needed for the identical race set he already had at home waiting.He claimed the set I sent him didn't have em.
He would've gotten away with had I not taken multiple date stamped photos of me packing his race set in full detail.
eBay sided with me in the long run and sent me my money back to me again,and told me to keep the now missing parts race set,(buyer wouldn't accept it),&amp; banned the buyer for good.Turned out he had a series of complaints against him like this.
I now always document EVERYTHING I send out with a date stamp on the photos as well as a photo of me handing the shipper the package,along with the tracking #,incase a scumbag buyer trys to pull this again.

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 09:32 PM

Here is another one of his user names. autobudds

http://www.ebay.com/sch/autobudds/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Bill Pritchard 01-12-2017 09:32 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLP955</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a scumbag. Is this the same guy in Humboldt TN who restamps blocks? </div></div>

That's the guy I was referring to earlier.

Hotrodpaul 01-12-2017 10:16 PM

Looks like he used an adjustable wrench or a hammer to break out part of the air horn.

What a low life. It is a shame that there are people like this, as it ruins the hobby for some and affects us all.

Paul

resto4u 01-12-2017 10:18 PM

I would contact the police in TN. and see if they are working a case against him or will they open one.

L78 Fred 01-12-2017 10:23 PM

EBay Scammer Buddy Hill Humbolt TN

He goes by Buddy Hill as well, with multiple eBay accounts as stated in this thread
I'm afraid I was scammed as well and need to find out the statute of limitations in TN
I bought a few things from him a couple of years ago that I believe are restamps

Mr. Chevy 01-12-2017 10:42 PM

Makes you want to just stipulate No Refunds or Returns...

Rich

earntaz 01-12-2017 11:05 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: resto4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would contact the police in TN. and see if they are working a case against him or will they open one.</div></div>

Borders on fraud ...

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 11:25 PM

I will be contacting the police in his local jurisdiction and I will spend thousands with a lawyer just to prove a point if eBay finds in this guy's favor. This was blatant and outright fraud.

bigsixman 01-12-2017 11:29 PM

Good luck and I hope that you can get the issue resolved.

Stefano 01-13-2017 12:27 AM

Fraud sucks on all levels. Thanks for the heads up and I hope the local Police don't just pass it off as a civil matter.

ZLP955 01-13-2017 12:29 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes you want to just stipulate No Refunds or Returns...
Rich </div></div>
Unfortunately, eBay seems to ignore that statement, and generally sides with the buyer. A couple of years ago, I sold an electronic item in good working condition, listed 'as-is' and 'no returns accepted'. The buyer left me positive feedback and sent me a message stating he was delighted with the item.
About a month later he opened an eBay dispute, requesting a refund on the basis the item was not as described. Despite evidence that it worked upon receipt (buyer's message and feedback), and the time since safe delivery, eBay sided with the guy and automatically refunded his payment through PayPal - effectively an account charge-back without me having accepted it.

DW31S 01-13-2017 01:01 AM

I don't know how people like that sleep at night; the MAN upstairs watches each and every move we all make. Just remember, &quot;what goes around, comes around&quot; and sooner or later this guy's sour practices will catch up with him. Usually, and not that I sell much on eBay, I leave my PayPal account empty or close to it making it a bit harder for an &quot;unhappy&quot; buyer to make a bogus claim and be &quot;rewarded&quot; a refund. I tend to trust everyone and generally believe all people are good......that is until I get shafted or lied to.....and my memory is pretty darn good. If the perpetrators of these schemes and scams worked as hard doing things the RIGHT way as they do trying to &quot;get over&quot; (I'm trying to keep the language clean), they would likely have more money, toys, parts or whatever it is they are trying to accomplish/gain/attain. I was brought up by the Golden Rule and strive to live by it every day. I'm sorry for you, Matt, but keep the faith, Bro. Fate will intervene and you'll be ahead in spades.

L78 Fred 01-13-2017 01:05 AM

Buddy Hill

Matt
Please stay in touch with me on this.
We need a detailed list of fraudulent deals this individual has made with the members here and that might be enough to go against this guy and get him kicked off ebay

MIKE B 01-13-2017 01:10 AM

Hello I bought a 962 Z16 block from him like 4 years ago .when I received it I took it right to the machine shop it was a b5 961 made into a 962 how he made a 1 into a 2 I don't know but it's fake it would be good for a clone z16 but it's not going into my two Z16's . Thank god I recently found a complete z16 engine for my second car of all places craigslist . Anyway it's BUDDY HILL HUMBULT TN just sucks

njsteve 01-13-2017 01:18 AM

Familytreenow.com is a great resource for stuff like this. It's all public information. Do any of the addresses below match the shipping address(es) for prior fraud incident(s)?

Related Records
perma-link
http://www.familytreenow.com/record/...eckMCf-v-ifaYQ
Share Record

Full Name Buddy L Hill Jr
Birth Year 1958
Age 59
Associated Names
Albert L Hill Jr
Albert L Hilljr Jr
Albertl Hill

Current Address
9 Southpointe Dr, Jackson, TN 38305
(Jun 2000 - Nov 2012)
PO Box 12103, Jackson, TN 38308
(Jun 2012)
45 Manor Rd, Jackson, TN 38305
(Jun 2010)
71 Chamberlain Cv, Humboldt, TN 38343
(Jul 2001)
71 Chamberlain Dr, Jackson, TN 38305
(Mar 1999 - Jun 2000)
1700 Stallings Rd, Humboldt, TN 38343
(Dec 1998 - Mar 1999)
57 Buttonwood Dr, Jackson, TN 38305
(Apr 1993 - Dec 1998)

mike70ss 01-13-2017 03:08 AM

Ebay will not stand with you even when you specify no returns. Had a beautiful pair of NOS 1969 Camaro quarter louver trim pieces still packaged in old GM boxes with original bagged sealant nuts that I sold a lowlife scammer. He said they did not meet his criteria for mint. Disputed me, reported me, and Ebay refunded him from my Paypal account without my approval. I finally got them back and the original GM boxes were trashed. I filed a complaint to no success. I did finally sell them privately to an individual that thought they were perfect. Scammers suck.

camaromb 01-13-2017 03:23 AM

Same guy that sold a fake MN motor to a guy in Colorado for like $ 10k. Buddy likes to use pieces of garden hose nailed to the skid to secure his blocks it seems. I bought a JH block years ago from the guy, it was originally a CE block it turns out. He will get his payback someday, hopefully soon.

HawkX66 01-13-2017 12:05 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be contacting the police in his local jurisdiction and I will spend thousands with a lawyer just to prove a point if eBay finds in this guy's favor. This was blatant and outright fraud. </div></div>
I'm glad to hear it. Too many times people will let this go which allows these scumbags to continue stealing. Good luck.

68camaroz28 01-13-2017 12:13 PM

Just hard to believe someone would go to that extent. What a lousy deal! Might help if the members here that have info on the guy (been screwed) have a statement notarized and those statements along with this carb deal be given to local authorities at one time.

SS427 01-13-2017 12:52 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Familytreenow.com is a great resource for stuff like this. It's all public information. Do any of the addresses below match the shipping address(es) for prior fraud incident(s)?

Current Address
9 Southpointe Dr, Jackson, TN 38305
(Jun 2000 - Nov 2012) </div></div>

Interesting. That address shows an empty lot with nothing but a swimming pool on it.

Fast67VelleN2O 01-13-2017 04:15 PM

If anyone else has been scammed by Buddy Hill and would like to pursue this legally, please let me know.

RS_COPO_Canuck 01-13-2017 04:41 PM

Also try him on mail fraud. That's federal.