The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   MCACN Day 2 Clinic (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145147)

A12pilot 10-27-2017 01:06 PM

MCACN Day 2 Clinic

I think I've come up with a great idea to help spur more intertest in MCACN since attendance, magazine recognition, and general awareness of this small -town show is pretty weak. :rolleyes2:

Everyone is into this Day 2 craze. So, what exactly is Day 2? Well... how about a clinic to discuss Day 2 mods? They'll be guest speakers discussing what are accurate and appropriate modifications that represent the idea behind Day 2 mods. And to top if off, during the start of the show we'll have a car that will undergo a Day 2 Transformation right before the spectators! :smile:

I think this would be a hit! I figure we'd start out the display with a freshly restored, factory correct, former MCACN Concours Gold winner. We'll start having our experts talk about how to go about replacing perfectly good parts with brand new, perfectly good parts, right out of the box that don't seem to really fit the car they were advertised to fit. Mods such as "Wiring" will be discussed and techniques given to find that elusive "IGN HOT" lead that's always required that none of us ever can find, or use. How to measure and drill for speaker holes, and exactly where to place those speakers so you'll be sure to ruin rare, non -reproduced, and uberly expensive parts will also be addressed. A special segment on where to put your newly acquired Thrush and Skykacker stickers will also be discussed. And just like back in the day, this display will mimic your garage with your buddies helping you: one person under the car and the rest standing out front drinking beer watching you work and saying things such as, "He shoulda done loosened up that starter lead nut before remoovin' that awwlpan." And, "I did this to my buddy's 71 SS327 Malibu and the guy down the street in that Hemi 440 6pack Cuda didn't know what hit em' at the stoplight." :hmmm:

Lastly, We'd have a big donation can out in front of the display that says "Fine Fund". What's that for? Oh...its for funds that'll be needed to pay the fine for not being able to move a perfectly good running car at the start of the show, out of the building on time at the end of the show. Now THAT is the REAL Day 2 mod life!!:scholar:

All in good fun! :biggthumpup:

Cheers :beers:

Dave

mockingbird812 10-27-2017 01:26 PM

Ewww, I like where this is going!!

Woj 10-27-2017 03:07 PM

Grady and Mike can start the first clinic. Grady will show you some of the coolest original day-two items and Mike can discus the ease of installation ;)

Postsedan 10-27-2017 07:05 PM

I too will very vocal.........after all, I do work at "The Day2 Speed Shop" :D

Dan

Ryan1969Chevelle 10-27-2017 07:31 PM

I will bring my jig saw for the hood scoop installation lesson.

Ryan

The Boss 10-27-2017 07:56 PM

....or the sunroof?

Xplantdad 10-27-2017 08:59 PM

Sounds awesome-like!

m22mike 10-27-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woj (Post 1372862)
Grady and Mike can start the first clinic. Grady will show you some of the coolest original day-two items and Mike can discus the ease of installation ;)

"Ease of installation" :hmmm: I don't think so, day 2 is hard :crazy:

Mr. Chevy 10-27-2017 11:11 PM

I think this should go hand in hand with some Day 2 clothing and Day 2 hair styles in the clinic....

Some of us might already have that going on though....

Rich

bashton 11-01-2017 02:18 PM

I don't know who this guy is, but it is clear that he has been overcome by paint fumes, and based on his screen name, spends a lot of time extremely high.

Of course, maybe its time to consider adding a bikini contest to the show. Hmmm....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com