The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   ORIGINAL Yenko Door Glass Price Label (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146719)

GM_427_Racer 01-20-2018 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL Yenko Door Glass Price Label

1 Attachment(s)
This is the original YENKO door glass price label off of the Camaro I bought in 1969 and it is FOR SALE....

$7500.00 or Best Offer

Please contact me through the Private Message System on this website.

Thanks

Gary Merrick

Mr. Chevy 01-20-2018 02:01 PM

Wow that is really a cool piece...

Rich

chevyman0429 01-20-2018 02:07 PM

Just asking is the car still around ?

mockingbird812 01-21-2018 01:19 AM

Wonderful piece of paper. Do tell us your story with this car. Where did you live back then? Where did you hang out? I lived in Canfield.

Copo_Cartel 01-21-2018 02:18 AM

Kind of weird to be selling a piece of door glass with Yenko window sticker for $7,500.....it only belongs to one car...that is where the value lies....I remember the original owner looking for this car not long ago. Hmmm ...I guess I bumped my head .

Abiddle 01-21-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugger 69 copo (Post 1385038)
Kind of weird to be selling a piece of door glass with Yenko window sticker for $7,500.....it only belongs to one car...that is where the value lies....I remember the original owner looking for this car not long ago. Hmmm ...I guess I bumped my head .

I believe the OP is the original owner, here's the thread:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139907

GM_427_Racer 01-21-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugger 69 copo (Post 1385038)

Mr. Hugger Orange,

There are a lot of collectors in this country, as seen by the amount of people that go to Barret Jackson and the Mecum auctions. If someone is interested in this one of kind memorabilia, that is a good thing. I am getting up in years and would like to share this document and if someone would like to have it, I would be more than happy to sell it to them. This is called "Supply & Demand", I have the "Supply" and we shall see if there is a "Demand".

OBTW, it is the "Price Label" only, no door glass involved.

The other thing I should clarify, I was NOT looking for the car, this started out as just trying to help get the 1969 Yenko Registry up to date, since several of the categories on my previous car were blank. In fact, in one of the earlier posts on the history of this car, I stated that I had no interest in buying the car and if it is found, I wish the new owner nothing but Good Luck.

Gary Merrick

PS Try ALEVE for your Head Bumping, it works great on my aches and pains.

Steve Shauger 01-21-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM_427_Racer (Post 1385095)
Mr. Hugger Orange,

There are a lot of collectors in this country, as seen by the amount of people that go to Barret Jackson and the Mecum auctions. If someone is interested in this one of kind memorabilia, that is a good thing. I am getting up in years and would like to share this document and if someone would like to have it, I would be more than happy to sell it to them. This is called "Supply & Demand", I have the "Supply" and we shall see if there is a "Demand".

OBTW, it is the "Price Label" only, no door glass involved.

The other thing I should clarify, I was NOT looking for the car, this started out as just trying to help get the 1969 Yenko Registry up to date, since several of the categories on my previous car were blank. In fact, in one of the earlier posts on the history of this car, I stated that I had no interest in buying the car and if it is found, I wish the new owner nothing but Good Luck.

Gary Merrick

PS Try ALEVE for your Head Bumping, it works great on my aches and pains.

Hi Gary, I just finished reading your story (again), and thank you for sharing it in such detail is priceless. Hopefully you and the current owner get together. Goodluck selling the documentation and if I owned the car it would be in my possession.

Best,

Rumbleguts396 01-21-2018 02:33 PM

I myself LOVE original owner stories. Yours was an amazing read and I thank you for sharing it with us here. I hope you are able to reconnect with your old Camaro and keep its important history alive. ROB