The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Hunting my first Chevelle (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172464)

jeffschevelle 07-17-2022 09:31 PM

Hunting my first Chevelle

I finally found an old insurance paper with the VIN of my first Chevelle from back in high school! NMVTIS search says it was last titled into Illinois. Illinois state search gives me the license plate number, but no owner info. VIN, plate # and description (from 1983) are below. Any help would be appreciated.

VIN 138176A145281
Titled into Illinois in April of 2008.
Ill. plate # 135578AV
Plate last renewed Dec. 2019, valid through Dec. 2024

The car was originally Lemonwood Yellow with a black vinyl top and black bucket seat interior. When my family had the car it was repainted Marina Blue without the vinyl top. When we sold it November 1983) it still had the original interior, but the rear seat bottom was from a 67. It had Oldsmobile 5-spoke wheels (69-70 Chevelle SS style wheels, but with brushed stainless spokes instead of silver painted spokes).

When we sold it it was still numbers matching, 396/325 horse, powerglide, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, manual brakes. Buckets, console, AM radio. Pretty untouched under the hood except for an aftermarket radiator. I still have the original radiator and 4 wheels here!

Anyone know of one that sounds like this? Thanks for any help! Jeff

1972convss454 07-17-2022 09:35 PM

Good Luck Jeff. Someone should recognize it with that much info as to its current location.

Too Many Projects 07-18-2022 12:35 AM

Hope you find it, Jeff.

Atlanta must have liked building Lemonwood Chevelles in '66. Mine was built about 17,000 after yours and was Lemonwood, assuming L35, black buckets with 3 speed.

67since67 07-18-2022 03:51 AM

Good luck finding it Jeff! 1st cars are special, especially an SS Chevelle!!:beers:

AnthonyS 07-18-2022 04:03 AM

That's a great head start and encouraging that it has such a recent official history!

Good luck!
Anthony

bilede 07-18-2022 04:22 AM

When I worked in public safety there was systems to tap into license plate reader databases that would be beneficial to you. We had our own systems in patrol cars but that is nothing compared to the private sector systems that have them on garbage, delivery, taxi's, etc. as they roam and report every street and back alley they drive on. some of the uses of the data are repo companies and banks that hold notes on vehicles that have skipped. They get reads of location and photo of plate to verify.. not sure if there is an ability to access these systems within Illinois but if the government isn't going to help, that is another option.. of course, it assumes the car is driven occasionally or at least not in a barn hidden someplace that is not viewable.. good luck with your search!

PeteLeathersac 07-18-2022 10:51 PM

'

Cool what you've uncovered so far also congrats it exists!
Little doubt you'll find it, best of luck w/ the current owner if you make a play to bring it home.
:beers:
~ Pete

EZ Nova 07-19-2022 12:21 PM

Jeff, try LOST MUSCLE CARS on facebook. He was able to put me in touch with my first car and see it's current condition as such.