The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Recommendations for Shipping Large Items (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146686)

Caseys69 01-17-2018 06:35 PM

Recommendations for Shipping Large Items

I have some rear seats for sale and im wondering if anyone has any ideas of how i could ship them. UPS wants $192 per box (2 boxes, upper rear and lower rear)

Mr70 01-17-2018 06:42 PM

Go Greyhound.

L78_Nova 01-17-2018 06:43 PM

Will Greyhound ship a full Quarter ?

big gear head 01-17-2018 08:14 PM

I've got 2 15X14 wheels with 32 inch slicks on them and 2 15X5 wheels with no tires that are in North Carolina that I've been trying to get to western KY. Shipping was going to be $600 by truck, but they lowered it to $400 because I have an account with them. Still trying to figure out what to do.

Mr70 01-17-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L78_Nova (Post 1384576)
Will Greyhound ship a full Quarter ?

You'd have to ask them and tell em the size/weight of your box,but I don't see why not.
I shipped a gas pump,a dashboard and an oil can rack with them recently in the past.
It's up to the sender to box up proper,and drop off at a Depot.
It's up to the buyer to go to their nearby Depot & pick up.
All Greyhound does is take your money,slide item in the belly of a Bus,then pull out and notify recipient it is here & waiting for you.
This is why I highly recommend writing the name,address & phone number of recipient on the box.

marxjunk 01-17-2018 09:35 PM

geryhound is not a deal anymore they have had a price increase, plus, theres 1000s of posts out there on the net about damaged goods and they will not pay a claim...i quit using them 4 years ago, after multiple problems..major problems

i use fastenal, works well, and is half the price of regular truck freight

ssl78 01-17-2018 10:26 PM

I was told that Fastenal also delivers stuff call one and see. Also try that site Uship it

marxjunk 01-18-2018 01:12 AM

ive shipped hoods, engines GTO bumpers etc with fastenal..always cheap and good service...

i recommend them..BUT...they are flunkies..do your due diligence, labels, crates stc, cuz they sell screws and bolts and the guys at the store are not shipping experts...

ive had better luck with them, than any shipping company i have used.

NorCam 01-18-2018 01:34 PM

You can ship any larger dry commercial goods between Fastenal stores as your drop off and pick up points. They deliver store to store in their own trucks for a very nominal rate. Car parts, wheels/tires, body panels, interiors are no problem as long as there's no oils, liquids or glass involved. I shipped a full interior on a skid from PA to MT recently, a roll bar with dry goods on a skid from CA to MT, and last year an engine on a skid from CT to MT...and all for less than $200 each shipment.

They want items palatalized and shrink wrapped with nothing hanging over the edges of the skid. You first contact their 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) Division for a rate and give them the dimensions and weight with a description of the goods and store locations involved. They then send you a quote and once you sign off, the pallet of goods must be taken to the agreed store in the city it's being shipped from, and arrives at the store where it's being picked up and paid for at. Usually within 7-10 days depending on distance. Just be sure you pack things well, shrink wrap it and LABEL the goods and the pallet.

Not all stores have forklifts so perform your own due diligence on the store it'll be dropped off at, and the store it's being shipped to before you go prep things for a quote. Most of the larger stores have a forklift to get the skid off a pickup truck while the smaller ones do not. They do not pickup nor do they perform home deliveries. Store to store only where you do the leg work and pack it on a skid. They simply ship and house it for pickup. :)

Contact Below

Sierra McNamee | FASTENAL
UHUB-Third Party Logistics Coordinator
1871 South 4800 West | Salt Lake, UT 84104
( 801-978-5828 | [email protected]
Receive quotes at: 3PL Hotline - 855-798-5695 or www.Fastenal.com/3pl

72-SS-L48 01-18-2018 02:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've had lots of success shipping on Uship. I get its an online brokerage service for freight but the service has been good.

Recently shipped an original cowl hood from NY to IA. I recall it being under $300. Of course I had to build the crate which costs the buyer some additional $$. (Not sure why the pictures posted sideways, you get the idea of crate size though).

Best,
Dave