The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Preservation forum (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   1968 Chevelle Time Capsule (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134424)

Steve Shauger 10-08-2015 01:26 PM

1968 Chevelle Time Capsule

I moved this thread to the preservation forum. I will be adding pictures and documenting the cars the originality such as fit, finishes, stampings/tags and assembly practices shortly.

Charley Lillard 04-25-2016 05:38 PM

Re: Unrestored Car/ Survivor- Wanted

If he doesn't post it soon I will...

Steve Shauger 04-25-2016 06:29 PM

6 Attachment(s)
OK, OK! This car has the nicest original paint I have seen. There is something about unmolested low mileage(5400)cars. Not a performance car but a benchmark/template on fit,finish and the assembly process. Oh it's a 68 Chevelle 307, powerglide.

mockingbird812 04-25-2016 06:32 PM

OMG What a BeAuTy!!!!!!!! Very nice Steve.

SS427 04-25-2016 06:36 PM

Very nice Steve.

SuperNovaSS 04-25-2016 06:47 PM

Nice find! Patience pays off.

Jason

Xplantdad 04-25-2016 08:10 PM

Pretty cool there Steve!

scuncio 04-25-2016 08:22 PM

Nice car, nice colors.

olredalert 04-25-2016 10:17 PM

----WOW, just WOW!!! I love it. These low mile non-supercars suck me in more all the time, Steve. What a beauty.

----Wonder what was stuck to the left side of the trim tag at one time?.....Bill S

Woj 04-25-2016 11:21 PM

Steve,

That car is gorgeous! It could have a 6-banger and it would be desirable to me.

Congrats.

Phil W.

Woj 04-25-2016 11:30 PM

Steve,

Does this mean you will be attending this year's Northern Ohio Chevelle Club show?????

Phil W.

68l30 04-26-2016 01:07 AM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img] Wow, Great 68!

BIG

Verne_Frantz 04-26-2016 02:26 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----WOW, just WOW!!! I love it. These low mile non-supercars suck me in more all the time, Steve. What a beauty.

----Wonder what was stuck to the left side of the trim tag at one time?.....Bill S </div></div>

I noticed that too Bill. Looks like a piece of tape. In the early '60s, the Tarrytown plant had a habit of taping over the tag before paint. Maybe in this case, the tag was taped on ahead of the next guy who did the riveting?

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics...7-cowl_tag.jpg

Verne

SS427 04-26-2016 04:15 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

----Wonder what was stuck to the left side of the trim tag at one time?.....Bill S </div></div>

it's where the taped the buildsheet onto the cowl. I have seen this many times and copies of the buildsheet will also show the tape.

Steve Shauger 04-26-2016 10:54 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

it's where the taped the buildsheet onto the cowl. I have seen this many times and copies of the buildsheet will also show the tape. </div></div>

I believe Rick is correct...

njsteve 04-26-2016 12:09 PM

Don't let ALSS see this. He'd throw a ZL1 under that hood in no time flat! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Awesome find [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

olredalert 04-26-2016 01:32 PM

----Thanks to Rick I have learned something today. Hope this isn't the only thing,,,LOL!......Bill S

Steve Shauger 04-26-2016 02:26 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Thanks to Rick I have learned something today. Hope this isn't the only thing,,,LOL!......Bill S </div></div>

Now every restored one will have a tape mark by the trim tag [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

wundercluck 04-26-2016 02:42 PM

Amazing!!! That's too cool!!!

Bill Pritchard 04-26-2016 03:50 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now every restored one will have a tape mark by the trim tag [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

....and with a couple crayon marks thrown in for good measure [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]

olredalert 04-26-2016 05:10 PM

----Have crayon, will travel!......Bill S

m22mike 04-26-2016 11:40 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve,

Does this mean you will be attending this year's Northern Ohio Chevelle Club show?????

Phil W. </div></div>

Come on Steve, do it. Great car too.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img]

Mike

DW31S 04-27-2016 10:15 AM

WOW!! Both of those Chevelles are off the charts!!! Two of the finest!

DW31S 04-27-2016 03:15 PM

Turns out I know the previous owner of the '68 Malibu.

John 04-27-2016 04:00 PM

... Steve,

Check your PM

..... Check it out...

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Postsedan 04-28-2016 01:08 AM

HEY Steve.....YOU SUCK! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img]

WOW!

Dan

Steve Shauger 04-28-2016 03:00 AM

The original owner Paul W. Sr. purchased the car from Kozura Chevrolet in Tremont, Pa on 11/8/67. He previously owned a 1966 Chevelle and gifted it to his son Paul Jr., rather then trade it in. Paul Sr. was a coal miner and his everyday vehicle was a pick up truck. He only drove this car in good weather and into town 4 miles once a week and parked it in his garage.. He would also take it to Schach's auto service for its annual inspection. In 1988 the car was given to Paul Jr. The car was never licensed in Paul Jr. or his wife's name and was again stored in an attached garage. In 2013 Paul Jr. passed and his wife Mae decided to sell the car in 2014. She had the car sitting in the driveway and a passerby from the next town saw the car and purchased. The new owner had the car less than a year and a job transfer from PA to TX necessitated them selling the car. My understanding from Paul Jr's wife Mae is the car literally never left the town of Pine Grove, Pa and no one has ever sat in the rear seat. The car was subsequently purchased by Mike B. and he contacted me a couple of months ago about the car. Last weekend I took a ride and within 5 minutes I purchased the car. Most of you have seen the Vintage Certification program that I manage, and we typically spend 3 hrs per car, well when all the pieces fit and there are no red flag a glance is all it takes.

This is the first non performance car I've owned and also the lowest mileage and most original. Yes it was love at first site and I'm thrilled and honored to own the car and thank Mike for giving me the opportunity to own the car.

WILMASBOYL78 04-28-2016 12:49 PM

Nice find...enjoy!

wilma

mssl72 04-28-2016 08:01 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't let ALSS see this. He'd throw a ZL1 under that hood in no time flat! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Awesome find [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

What about that Ken guy?? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] It would be LS time! But if he did, the work would be awesome!

Beautiful '68!!

DW31S 04-28-2016 10:49 PM

Mike is without a doubt, one fine fellow.

Xplantdad 04-29-2016 01:27 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mssl72</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't let ALSS see this. He'd throw a ZL1 under that hood in no time flat! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Awesome find [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

What about that Ken guy?? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] It would be LS time! But if he did, the work would be awesome!

Beautiful '68!! </div></div>

Ken's already busy putting an LS engine in GWAWA's Chevrolet [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Way cool car Steve...congrats!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 04-29-2016 01:28 PM

Awesome car! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

I believe Kozura eventually became Country Chev, and about 10 years ago it burnt to the ground. They never rebuilt it, it is now a Dollar Store. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img] I bought a fair amount of NOS Nova parts from them, strange group of guys - strange town (my Mom grew up there....)

novadude 04-29-2016 02:03 PM

Wow! Great car! Would love to see more pictures (interior, etc)

1967Z28 05-10-2016 01:27 PM

Steve,

Awesome car. I love it. Congratulations on the purchase. She's a real beauty.

GearheadSS 05-26-2016 05:28 PM

Wow! I love this car. Congrats!

DW31S 05-26-2016 10:21 PM

I saw this Malibu a couple of weeks ago at Mike's place. That is one NICE car. Oddly, I like the drivetrain and the fact that it is NOT a high horsepower Super Sport. Not driving and cherishing a Super Sport or some thing of the like is somewhat understandable, but you just don't see &quot;normal&quot; cars in this condition. Congrats on the purchase.

firstgenaddict 05-31-2016 02:12 AM

WOW AWESOME DETAILS!!!!

cook_dw 06-08-2016 12:53 PM

Great car. Congrats.

jcu 06-13-2016 11:02 PM

I had a 68 327 PG that I loved, sweet find

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 06-14-2016 07:32 PM

I think I've driven through Tremont, PA 2-3 times in the past couple of months! Not much there, but if you need me to check in on anything - just say the word! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]