The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Project Motion Camaro 2nd Gen (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140136)

livettes 11-21-2016 11:45 PM

Project Motion Camaro 2nd Gen

I have always wanted a 2nd Gen Motion Camaro. I can only afford a project car. Any color, any condition would be considered but it needs to be a real car. Or a least one that I feel could be documented.
Thanks, Jamie
870-680-0299

Salvatore 11-22-2016 08:15 PM

Re: Project Motion Camaro 2nd Gen

Doesn't Adam Tuckman have anything in that line Jamie.

livettes 11-22-2016 11:37 PM

I actually called Adam several months ago to see if he knew of anything. He does not have any cars like I am looking for but is keeping an eye out for me.
Hope you are well Sammy. We missed you at MCACN!
Jamie

iluv69s 11-23-2016 10:35 AM

What's a project real motion car worth I wonder? Are there any out there?

COPO 11-25-2016 05:58 AM

Huge difference in values of a "Motion" car versus a "Baldwin Motion" car. In addition huge difference in values between 1st gen. BM Camaros and 2nd gen. BM Camaros. I'm sure there are some undiscovered "Motion" and "Baldwin Motion" cars out there waiting to be found.

A documented 1st gen. BM project Camaro needing a full restoration could trade well north of $200K depending on specifics. A restored 1st Gen. BM Camaro or pristine original one could trade at double that amount. A 2nd gen. BM Camaro might trade at less than 1/2 half or 1/3rd as much as a 1st gen. BM Camaro, again depending on specifics of the particular car.

When I say "BM Car" I am specifically referring to a NEW car sold through Baldwin Chevrolet after modifications by Motion Performance. Cars modified by Motion Performance as used cars while still desirable and valuable, do not command anywhere near the same value. Cars with Motion catalog parts added by an owner or an independent shop IMO wouldn't command much of a premium over an unmodified car.

There are very few cars and they rarely trade hands and rarely in public, so coming up with an exact value is very difficult as there are so many variables involved.

livettes 11-26-2016 01:21 PM

Very well said.
Jamie

resto4u 11-26-2016 03:45 PM

baldwin chevrolet actually went by baldwin auto co.

Yenko Bart 11-27-2016 10:50 PM

1972...Blue with white tail,big block,auto,original paint. Correct hood but not the one that came when new. Chrome headers and side exhaust long gone. I have work order from motion plus pictures of car when new.This is a car well known locally that spent much of its life street racing in Pa. and N.Y. I chased this car for at least fifteen years and by a strange twist of fate ended up whith it. Never really thought about selling it but who knows. Offer?

Atuckman 11-28-2016 11:17 AM

can you share the vintage pics? would be great to see. adam

livettes 11-29-2016 07:45 PM

Bart
Just wanted to be sure you knew I had sent you a PM.
Thanks, Jamie