The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ford-Mercury (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   My "shop find" Bullitt Stang! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139149)

A12pilot 01-31-2018 12:55 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Moving right along, transmission redone! What needed to be replaced? That would be everything:thumbsdown::mad2: But, the good news is with 100% new everything, it'll take a beating while chasing that Charger!:3gears: Sadly, water filled the case and while the gears were free, they were pretty badly pitted. And looking closer...123426.... the last 6 of my VIN! I didn't know Ford stamped the transmissions that year. I know on Mopars it was hit and miss. Pretty excited to difinitively know the engine and trans and 100% "Born With" [Who the heck came up with that stupid term, anyway?:thumbsdown:]. Anywho, I replicated all the markings I found so it's ready to meet up with its partner.... the Boat Anchor 390.... that I get back tomorrow from the engine shop. Very exciting! Sending unit with the low fuel warning sensor, original steering box, and AM 8-Track all sent out for restoration.

And this sweet looking '67 GT500 steering wheel... just like Frank used.... Will be dropped off at the upholstery guy to get leather wrapped. I really like that wood look though. Speaking of seats... it's time to join the Blister Battalion and recover those bleached out buckets! Man that's a lot of Bs...I personally like Ds... but that's neither here nor there. :hmmm:

Mo' to come! :eek2:

Cheers

Dave

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-31-2018 01:24 AM

A three hundred word post..... and I am focused on the D’s :-)

Ryan

A12pilot 01-31-2018 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Engine back! It's all coming together and more importantly.... everything numbers matching original! More to come next week!

Cheers
Dave

big gear head 01-31-2018 11:06 PM

I love those FE engines, but you are going to have to remove the rocker shafts and all of those push rods to install the intake manifold.

68bronze 01-31-2018 11:49 PM

Dave, that was great, what a great find :beers:

mockingbird812 02-01-2018 12:23 AM

Saaaamokin’!!!!!!!!!

A12pilot 02-01-2018 10:22 AM

Thanks guys! Yeah, I know all that comes off but that's no biggie. I'm FE certified!! Errr...a certified nutjob, maybe:laugh:

Stay tuned.... more to come next week!

Cheers
Dave

sixt9rsx33 02-01-2018 10:42 AM

So impressive...man what a great job Dave. Love the commentary too. Can't wait to see the engine between the fenders.
Did you build the engine back stock?

A12pilot 02-10-2018 01:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
What a week..... two steps forward, seventeen back! But, I'm making progress. Engine is just about done. I found a date coded thermostatic vacuum switch to round out the whole package! Oil pan will be in next week. Carburetor is being done by Eric, and I should have the correct 68 only aircleaner done sometime next week too. Meanwhile, onto the front suspension. Disk brakes up next! Lines are laying in place and there's a host of suspension markings and such get all situated.

But first...I have to go to recurrent training this weekend. Bleh! I can see it now...."So Dave.... what's the maximum landing weight of the 767-300?:scholar:" "Oh.. um... that would be the maximum weight at which the aircraft can land..... and did you know that if you squint real hard you can increase your vision 10%?":biggthumpup: Hmmm... maybe I should go study:tongue:

Cheers
Dave

m22mike 02-10-2018 01:50 AM

So is a Ford motor such a boat ancor that you must use the bottle Jack to keep it from breaking you engine stand....:dunno:
Sorry Dave I could not help myself...:naughty:
Really lookin' good.

Mike