The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Ebay (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146126)

Crush 12-20-2017 06:07 PM

Ebay

Hey everyone. Looking for any advice around selling a car on Ebay. Having never done it, I’m looking for the do’s and dont’s to avoid any castastrophic outcomes! Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Bary

BJCHEV396 12-20-2017 06:16 PM

I've bought 2 on EBay with good results.I've heard that the biggest issue with selling is buyers backing out or canceling bids.GLWS.

CC Rider 12-20-2017 06:51 PM

Include LOTS of quality photos and a detailed description. Request a small deposit via PayPal, balance due upon pick up. I've accepted wire transfers with no issues. Be prepared for weird questions.

Mr70 12-20-2017 09:46 PM

You have 1 opportunity to get it all right,high quality & close up pictures,history & pedigree of it,low staring price etc.
Answer every single question asked of you,promptly.
Do whatever you can to get it sold upon your first listing period,because if you have to relist on eBay it for any reason later on,you will be seen as day old bread & fewer people will bid regardless.
Act like you have 1 chance,(you really do),so make it count.

Charley Lillard 12-20-2017 10:34 PM

Make sure you require a 500.00 deposit at close of auction. Especially if you have a "Buy it Now" That keeps the scumbags from ruining your auction by ending it. Their buy bid won't be final until they pay the 500.00

Big Block Bill 12-20-2017 10:36 PM

Selling a car on ebay

X-2

I have sold a few cars on ebay including a Jaguar that went to Israel. Take a LOT of good pictures, get at least a $1000.00 non-refundable deposit with in 24 hrs via pay-pal and get the balance by wire transfer from bank to bank. GLWS

Bill

Woj 12-21-2017 12:26 AM

Don't sell a car between now and the end of the year. Everyone is on the move and you won't get the bids that you are expecting. Do not end something on Xmas day!! I've made some of my best purchases around this time of year. Great time to be a buyer, not so good as a seller.

My $.02 worth.

Phil Woj.

Astock 12-21-2017 05:33 AM

Best time to start the auction is Sunday 6:30 pm west coast, and ask for a $1,500 deposit.

Just kidding

chris slawski 12-21-2017 03:34 PM

Few tips for listing
I prefer to start with an opening bid of basically the least you will take. Some people start with 100 dollars, but you are not going to sell it for that are you? Also then the real people looking at the car will know ok that is the lowest and they can bid from there.
If you put a reserve someone will bid in small amounts to outbid others until reserve is off, then ask you to cancel their bid…ask me how I know!
As others have said pictures, pictures, pictures!
Data plate, engine code etc if a numbers matching big money car
Photos of any original docs you may have
Good contact number
If there is a known area of failure GM rear window trim area include them in your picts
If you have had metal work done, do you have before during and after picts you can list
Detail everything you would look for when purchasing the same car
Try to run for 10 days but have 2 full weekends in there for people who may want to come and see the vehicle.
Don’t be too scared of international buyers, I once had a guy buy one of my motorcycles and shipped it to Australia …the buyer arranged ALL shipping!
Unfortunately there are some , umm, silly people out there with a lot of wonderful opinions they want to share with you via e-bay, just be aware.
Also maybe ask a trusted member of the group for a good, fair price. You may think worth more, or less than actual value to a true buyer.

SuperNovaSS 12-21-2017 04:08 PM

All the above advise is very good. I highly making multiple videos including a walk around and driving video. It is also a good idea to get the car on a lift for pictures/video. The more you can make the buyer feel like they are looking at the car in person the better.

Jason