The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Someone to check out a Corvette. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141862)

downunder1 03-13-2017 08:16 PM

Someone to check out a Corvette.

Is there someone on here that could check out a Corvette for me in Florence Alabama please.

Any help will be appreciated. Please PM me.

Thanks,
John

MosportGreen66 03-14-2017 02:29 AM

John, email my brother - He happens to be in Huntsville on business as we speak. He's 72-SS-L48 here - [email protected]

Dan

GaryW 03-14-2017 01:42 PM

John,

I sent you a PM; I live in Huntsville and grew up in Florence and don't mind driving over to check it out for you. I've also been involved with Corvettes for 30 yrs or so as well, I've performed appraisals and own five of them now (too many!).. :)

Gary
[email protected]

72-SS-L48 03-21-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryW (Post 1345209)
John,

I sent you a PM; I live in Huntsville and grew up in Florence and don't mind driving over to check it out for you. I've also been involved with Corvettes for 30 yrs or so as well, I've performed appraisals and own five of them now (too many!).. :)

Gary
[email protected]

Gary,

Not sure if John responded but I looked at the Corvette last week. Really happy John asked for an inspection. The car was far from advertised correctly with many major issues.

On a different note, I do a lot of business by the HSV Airport. Not yet sure when my next trip down is, but I'll message you for things to do (maybe a cruise night or something as the weather gets nicer).

Best,
Dave

bbbentley 03-21-2017 02:18 AM

won't meet a nicer guy who knows his stuff on Chevs & Vettes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72-SS-L48 (Post 1346151)
Gary,

Not sure if John responded but I looked at the Corvette last week. Really happy John asked for an inspection. The car was far from advertised correctly with many major issues.

On a different note, I do a lot of business by the HSV Airport. Not yet sure when my next trip down is, but I'll message you for things to do (maybe a cruise night or something as the weather gets nicer).

Best,
Dave

won't meet a nicer guy who knows his stuff on Chevs & Vettes than Gary Wylie

GaryW 03-21-2017 02:22 AM

Dave, Message me next time you are down... would be nice to talk to you and maybe I can point you to a local 'event'.. :)

Bentley: I appreciate the kind words... but don't go overboard! :)

72-SS-L48 03-22-2017 02:51 AM

You got it Gary, thanks.

Best,
Dave

GaryW 03-22-2017 03:05 AM

Dave: I sent you a PM with contact info.. :)

downunder1 03-22-2017 05:57 PM

Thank you Dave, we are very grateful that you went out of your way to inspect the Corvette, it was a well detailed inspection report and you certainly saved my good friend from a lot of pain and expense. It is sad the lengths that some people will go to when trying to sell a car.

We are very lucky with this site to have such a great network of good people that are willing to help out fellow enthusiasts from all over the world.

We have a huge passion for classic American cars down here in NZ, this weekend is our Whangamata Beach Hop where a small beach side town with a population of about 4,500 will have more than 2,000 cars and more than 60,000 people descend on it.

And thank you Gary for your kind offer to check out the car, I hope you got my PM.

John

72-SS-L48 03-22-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downunder1 (Post 1346387)
Thank you Dave, we are very grateful that you went out of your way to inspect the Corvette, it was a well detailed inspection report and you certainly saved my good friend from a lot of pain and expense. It is sad the lengths that some people will go to when trying to sell a car.

We are very lucky with this site to have such a great network of good people that are willing to help out fellow enthusiasts from all over the world.

We have a huge passion for classic American cars down here in NZ, this weekend is our Whangamata Beach Hop where a small beach side town with a population of about 4,500 will have more than 2,000 cars and more than 60,000 people descend on it.

And thank you Gary for your kind offer to check out the car, I hope you got my PM.

John

Hi John,

It was my pleasure to help you and Ron out. I wish I could have given better news but certainly thankful I helped avoid a bad situation.

Best,
Dave