The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Comments, Suggestions, Problems (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Forum Issues: Post Issues Here (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141677)

cook_dw 03-03-2017 11:27 AM

Forum Issues: Post Issues Here

Previously uploaded photos that used to show up as an actual picture now only show up as text. Can this be fixed? Also when uploading new photos the photo just shows up as a clickable attachment.. Also the "quick reply" is not active. Also all the emojis are gone.

Hopefully these issues can be corrected..

EDIT: I figured this one out... Its in userCP under Settings and Options and clicking Edit Options and then selecting options in the Thread Display Options..

cook_dw 03-03-2017 11:33 AM

Test.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...humbs-Down.gif

cook_dw 03-03-2017 12:30 PM

Something else is the clickable tab to pm someone.. I can see my pm's that are already been sent previously but I can not send a new one.. Or at least it isnt blatantly obvious at this point..

EDIT: Ok this too is in the userCP under the edit options...

Also there are some folks that can not login anymore due to password errors..

PeteLeathersac 03-03-2017 01:11 PM

'

Feels like we've all entered SYC Bizzaroworld?
My PM's have been modified and replies back/forth w/ someone changed into separate messages so I now have over 1000 PM's!
Lots has changed but hopefully the important issues can be fixed also that we haven't lost info or ability to search and find it again.
It all makes a fella feel old too as I'm listed as a Senior now also have no friends?
;)
~ PETE

cook_dw 03-03-2017 01:12 PM

Edited my first post..

Xplantdad 03-03-2017 03:07 PM

I am sure that things will be adjusted...but I only have 5 PM's and I used to have a lot more :)

Looking forward to see what all changed :)

Jonesy 03-03-2017 03:14 PM

Before when I logged on, I could go to a thread and it would go to the page of the last post I looked at in that thread. Now it just goes to the beginning of like a 40 page thread. Im sure there are alot of bugs and getting used to.

Abiddle 03-03-2017 03:19 PM

Made me laugh. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook_dw (Post 1343614)

Damn there are alot of rules. "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

70 copo 03-03-2017 03:23 PM

I had to do a password reset-.but the site is now modern....Let the games begin!!

Woj 03-03-2017 03:28 PM

Team Chevelle changed over awhile back and became a one stop advertising experience. However, they have a "default" setting that takes you back to the original style.

I notice they have it here now as well. Lower left corner of screen you get a choice of Yenko Theme or Default style. The default is more similar to the old style here.

1969l78 03-03-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woj (Post 1343634)
Team Chevelle changed over awhile back and became a one stop advertising experience. However, they have a "default" setting that takes you back to the original style.

I notice they have it here now as well. Lower left corner of screen you get a choice of Yenko Theme or Default style. The default is more similar to the old style here.

Thanks Woj.....the default forum is way better!

KevinW 03-03-2017 03:39 PM

Note: check your Private messages. Looks like the default for non members is 50, I had to clean mine out.

cook_dw 03-03-2017 03:40 PM

Hell Im a member and Im still at 50max..

the427king 03-03-2017 03:41 PM

Did yellow bullet hack the site ....?

cook_dw 03-03-2017 03:43 PM

Anyone figured out how to display threads in descending order and not ascending? Im not talking about inside of a thread but inside the sub forums where it lists the threads themselves..

BJCHEV396 03-03-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woj (Post 1343634)

I prefer the default.

camcojb 03-03-2017 04:33 PM

We're working on it

The issues will be fixed ASAP. It's all in the settings, Vbulletin is set at their default setting for the conversion, now we just need to go through and tweak them.

camcojb 03-03-2017 04:40 PM

Changing pm's now. How many did you guys have allowed before?

camcojb 03-03-2017 04:47 PM

The banning issue should be fixed now.

Supergas990 03-03-2017 05:08 PM

Thanks for pointing the way to the "default setting". The other style is more challenging to get used to (perhaps I'm not current enough with tech).

Kind of missing the old format and layout.

Blair

cook_dw 03-03-2017 06:12 PM

Quick Reply at the bottom of threads is still not working and how to you set the sub forum threads to permanently show the newest in descending order.?. I can change it at the bottom of the sub forums but as soon as I go back out to the main forum and back into the same sub forum its back to ascending.. Its not like that for every sub forum though.. Just select ones..

IIRC the max pms for paying members is 200.. Someone please verify that please.

camcojb 03-03-2017 06:17 PM

Quick reply works, but it's not automatically set. You have to click the "quick reply" button first, the box on the far right. I'll get that fixed.

cook_dw 03-03-2017 06:19 PM

Ok got that.. Although seems cumbersome to add another step.. Can we make it automatic?

m22mike 03-03-2017 06:23 PM

Charley is out getting drunk

camcojb 03-03-2017 06:26 PM

Quick reply works now.

njsteve 03-03-2017 06:34 PM

Is there any way to get the view to be the orginal one prior to this upgrade? Other websites have several view option available but this one only has two choices "default" and "yenko theme".

Still no photos showing, just text.

Is there a way to change all the subforums to descending and time set to "beginning" and stay that way?. I have to reset every forum every time I re-enter it. The moment you leave, it defaults back to ascending and "last month".

-sigh

WILMASBOYL78 03-03-2017 06:35 PM

mr

I just a message from Tibor...who got it from Charley, that the site was hacked by the Russians.

Jeff Sessions has a call into Vlad...should be resolved soon..please stand by

camcojb 03-03-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsteve (Post 1343659)
Is there any way to get the view to be the orginal one prior to this upgrade? Other websites have several view option available but this one only has two choices "default" and "yenko theme".

Still no photos showing, just text.

Is there a way to change all the subforums to descending and time set to "beginning" and stay that way?. I have to reset every forum every time I re-enter it. The moment you leave, it defaults back to ascending and "last month".

-sigh

working on it

cook_dw 03-03-2017 06:53 PM

HOW TO VIEW IMAGES IN THREADS

1. Go to your userCP
2. Left side look for "Settings & Options"
3. Click "Edit Options"
4. Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"
5. Check mark "Show Signatures", Show Avatars" & "Show Images"
6. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes"

owners2 03-03-2017 06:54 PM

Funny say's my last login in was 1-1-1970 at 12:00 a.m.

JEFF GHILANI 03-03-2017 07:02 PM

Is it too late to get this site entirely back the way it was? The previous artwork and functionality was perfect, classic and simple. We're a bunch of guys that collect old cars. We like what we like. Why screw up something that is classic? At least have a "classic" theme option at the bottom of the page for those of us that want it. That's just a matter of optional formatting code. I hate when perfection is tampered with. Just my opinion.

camcojb 03-03-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF GHILANI (Post 1343669)
Is it too late to get this site entirely back the way it was? The previous artwork and functionality was perfect, classic and simple. We're a bunch of guys that collect old cars. We like what we like. Why screw up something that is classic? At least have a "classic" theme option at the bottom of the page for those of us that want it. That's just a matter of optional formatting code. I hate when perfection is tampered with. Just my opinion.

No way to go back. Vbulletin has a lot more options than the old system, which will be good for the site as a whole. It'll take a bit to get these things sorted out, but this can be tweaked to make most everyone happy.

JEFF GHILANI 03-03-2017 07:08 PM

Ah, so it's a software update and we're using the new version? Got it. Too bad.

parkbrau 03-03-2017 07:14 PM

Disregard my message I sent to the Admin regarding my log in. I'm in.

Also loved the setting that states my last log in was 1970. That's before Gore invented the internet.

The only thing constant in life is change.

camcojb 03-03-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF GHILANI (Post 1343672)
Ah, so it's a software update and we're using the new version? Got it. Too bad.

Not a software update, a software swap. UBB to Vbulletin.

cook_dw 03-03-2017 07:25 PM

Still having an issue with several sub forums with how they are displayed.. These will show up as ascending and I can change it to descending but if I go out and back in again it goes back to ascending..

Supercar/Musclecar Discussion
Yenko Chevrolet
Supercar Reunion
Other Events
Supercars/Musclecars - For Sale
" " - Wanted
Parts/Memorabilla - For Sale
" " - Wanted
Comments, Suggestions, Problems

EZ Nova 03-03-2017 07:36 PM

Same here. Change to descending, but once I leave the site, it reverts back to default ASCENDING and "last month" even though I change to "beginning"

cook_dw 03-03-2017 07:54 PM

Thanks Jody.. Looks like that the ascending and descending is fixed!! Almost back to normal. Well sorta..

CC Rider 03-03-2017 08:00 PM

There is no "button" up top to click for the forums list. Not sure if it is gone permanently.

Sig pics appear gone. I made the three preference changes.

Thanks! :)

m22mike 03-03-2017 08:04 PM

saved topics

Where are my saved topics list, and saved friends ? I think I have about everything else figgered out thanks to DW. And where are the little smiley dudes and the Charley sux sign ?
This is to hard on someone my age, going to take a nap, %$#& IT

Mike