The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Pet Insurance (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135814)

ted 01-18-2016 05:58 PM

Pet Insurance

We just up-graded our old Pet Insurance Policy to a new "Unlimited Coverage" plan costing more $$$.
Question is, we received our new "Unlimited" plan and, lo and behold about 3 months after the policy was put in place, the Insurance company w/o our written consent or authorization of any sort added various restrictions not on the brand new Unlimited Coverage plan that we had agreed to.
Is this "insurance un-ethical" and or fraudulent behavior on the Insurance company's part?

Yay or Nay ?

Thanks in Advance!
Ted

earntaz 01-18-2016 06:26 PM

Re: Pet Insurance

Insurance is insurance and fraud is fraud -- if there appears to be issues, contact your state (in your case - providence?) insurance commission with your compliant. TAZ

ted 01-20-2016 07:44 PM

Thanks for the concise response.. Anyone else experience problems with a Pet Insurance company trying as hard as they can to not pay as required by a signed valid Insurance Policy.? The cost of Vet. medicine has really sky-rocketed esp. when dealing with various cancers in cats and dogs.
If you do not have insurance, and one can't mentally, emotionally put the pet down, you will have to either take out a loan or dig pretty deep into the jeans.
Anyone have any dealings with a less than scrupulous Pet Insurance company, and did it work out for you??
No Insurance Company names pls.

Thanks in Advance!
Ted

Salvatore 01-20-2016 08:00 PM

Yes, we bought Ins. for our then new 6 month old puppy. We dropped it after several months because many things that we thought and wanted to be covered wasn't. Did not buy a cheap policy but the middle grade + policy we bought was not good in our opinion.

ted 01-21-2016 03:46 PM

Luckily, we did not cancel the insurance, but, we actually up-graded the insurance to be what they call "Unlimited" coverage before cancer reared its ugly head. Unlimited in any dictionary means w/o limits..
Again boys, if you care for your pet(s) get them insured ASAP as cancer can hit'em high n' hard without warning. If this happens, and you are bereft of insurance, gonna cost you deep into the thousands of dineros.
We have an on-going set of issues re. the insurance company trying to crawl out of the signed policy.
Not real funny stuff goin' on now eh boys. In some ways, pets are more loving than many humans.
Hope I am not being boring on this thread but . . . . .
Ted

Salvatore 01-21-2016 05:20 PM

Love pets even more than some humans!

ted 02-10-2016 04:11 PM

We are in a state of "limbo" at this point in time with the pet insurance company.
As soon as I have something new, I'll get back on the thread. Makes one realize that as long as you pay and do not claim, all is good. As soon as one makes a claim, all of a sudden the screen changes. Be careful me hearties, as Vet costs are sky-rocketing and you have NO choice to protect your loving pet(s)!

T.

JRSully 02-11-2016 12:46 AM

The Pet insurance companies are consistently targets of investigation. we had 2 separate companies and both denied claims regularly. Vets don't care because they already got paid by you. Relatively new products that pray on animal lovers, the lure of "cheap" premiums and deceptive advertising

SS427 02-11-2016 01:06 PM

Some of you may remember the thread on here in 2008 when our dog got into antifreeze and almost died. I had in excess of $2500 in vet bills and the per insurance only covered about $400 of that. I had paid more in premiums up until that time than they actually paid out and I cancelled the policy after that.

ted 02-12-2016 04:57 PM

I would hasten to state the vets are in contact with the offending Pet Insurance company in trying to resolve the issue(s). We have been kinda blessed with having great caring veterinarian doctors. . They are just not after the 'gelt'... so to speak. Cancer is hitting domestic pets e.g. dogs n' cats more and more. Hard to put 'em down eh boys if there is a chance!?!? Gotta try. The pets do not ask for much. Food, water and loving and they give back sooo much more.

Ted