The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   69 Camaro Rally Sport Headlight Door Springs (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127942)

92646 07-07-2014 06:14 PM

69 Camaro Rally Sport Headlight Door Springs

3 Attachment(s)
Has anybody seen these springs before? These are mounted on the core support and I assume when the headlight doors are open they rest against these springs. Also does the headlight vacuum hoses look a little different? This is on a 1969 LA built Camaro with a build date of 10D 1968.

Salvatore 07-07-2014 07:15 PM

Re: 69 Camaro Rally Sport Headlight Door Springs

Mine just has the bracket with a rubber bumper Mark.

enio45 07-07-2014 09:15 PM

never seen that spring before - not in the AIM either

the hoses are marked different as well - should be length-wise with the stripes -

Rick99 07-07-2014 10:42 PM

My 12B LA built car just has the rubber bumpers too.

bergy 07-07-2014 11:08 PM

Just rubber bumpers on my RS cars - 05A & 05E Norwood builds.

Salvatore 07-08-2014 03:26 PM

Looks like the rubber bumpers has a home made spring put over them. If you look close is the rubber snubber under the spring? Also the markings look like a wrap of colored electrical tape used for marking electric wires. Can't see like I used to. Looks like all Southern California car tricks to me Mark. HA!

PeteLeathersac 07-08-2014 04:26 PM

The springs look like ones @ the bottom of old tube flashlights?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]
~ Pete

enio45 07-08-2014 05:30 PM

or the ones on the door handles

69PACE 07-10-2014 11:05 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The springs look like ones @ the bottom of old tube flashlights?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]
~ Pete </div></div>

That's what I said to myself. Ever-ready flashlight springs. And the hoses may have been someones home grown replacement set before they were widely available from CHQ. Just run down to the local parts store, spool off some rubber hose then cut to replacement lengths, marked with tape and swap the check valves and replace.

92646 07-10-2014 05:01 PM

The springs have a little thicker wire than what you guys described but if nobody has seen them before then it must be an afterthought. I just wonder why somebody would go through all the trouble. As far as the hoses go, they are a bunch better than the reproductions that have been out for years that crack with in 6 months of installation. I would like to know what hose they used so I can use it in the future. These are old but function perfectly and have no issues.