The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   PCH Cruise - June 24th (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143128)

'69Novajoe 06-07-2017 01:59 PM

PCH Cruise - June 24th

For anyone who lives in So. Calif. (or anywhere for that matter!!), we're doing another PCH Cruise on the 24th of this month. I did a "dry run" this past Saturday and this is the route I came up with. If you have any questions, let me know. The only thing I'm hoping for is better weather!! Saturday was very wet and you could hardly see the ocean!! But, unless it rains, it's ON!! Our destination with be the Automobile Driving Museum located in El Segundo. Here's a link for more info.....

http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/

Starting out at the Donut Shop at the corner of Adams Ave. and Magnolia St. in Huntington Beach. Leaving at 8:00 SHARP!!
We will head out onto Adams Ave., heading west (right turn out of the driveways). Turn left at Main St. (after turning, bear left to stay on Main St.). Main St. ends at Pacific Coast Highway. Turn right and drive for about 9+ miles. Turn left at 2nd St. After a couple of miles, bear left at Livingston Dr. (Livingston Dr. becomes Ocean Blvd). Stay on Ocean Blvd. (which becomes the Seaside Fwy) and go over both the Gerald Desmond and the Vincent Thomas Bridges. Stay to the left towards Gaffey St. after coming down from the Vincent Thomas Bridge. Keep going straight past Gaffey St. You will now be on Summerland Ave. which will end at Western Ave. Turn left at Western Ave. and go to 1st St. Turn right at 1st St. which will end at Miraleste Dr. Turn right on Miraleste Dr., which will end at Palos Verdes Dr. East. Turn left at Palos Verdes Dr. East and continue all the way down the hill to Palos Verdes Dr. South. Turn right on Palos Verdes Dr. South and drive for about 6 ½ miles. Turn left at Paseo Lunado. Turn right at the first street, Via Anacapa. Turn left at Paseo Lunado which then becomes Paseo Del Mar. Continue on Paseo Del Mar to Palos Verdes Dr. West. Turn left on Palos Verdes Dr. West for about 2 miles until you see a turn off for Pacific Coast Highway – Redondo Beach. Turn left and continue to Catalina Ave. Turn left on Catalina Ave. Go to Ave I. Turn left at Ave I and go to Esplanade. Turn right at Esplanade and continue on to Catalina Ave. Turn left at Catalina Ave. and continue on to N. Pacific Coast Highway. Turn left on Pacific Coast Highway and continue for approximately 8 miles to Mariposa Dr. Turn right on Mariposa Dr. to Lairport St. Turn left on Lairpost and the Automobile Driving Museum will be on your right!! Total mileage is about 50. Come with a full tank of gas and expect a fun time!!!

Xplantdad 06-07-2017 04:08 PM

Sounds like fun, Joe!:headbang:

tjs44 06-07-2017 07:34 PM

The museum is cool.My 62 GP has been in it twice.Tom

mssl72 06-07-2017 08:31 PM

Joe, what time do you anticipate getting to the museum? I've been to that museum once before. Being from the Northern part of Southern Cal, I'd be coming the opposite direction. I might be able to cruise down and meet up.

'69Novajoe 06-10-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mssl72 (Post 1355676)
Joe, what time do you anticipate getting to the museum? I've been to that museum once before. Being from the Northern part of Southern Cal, I'd be coming the opposite direction. I might be able to cruise down and meet up.

Hey Mark, as close as I can estimate, we should be to the Museum around 10:30 or so. Hope you can make it!! We have around 12 cars so far!! Still hoping for good weather!!

mssl72 06-13-2017 08:46 PM

Ok Joe, thanks. That gives me an idea of when to try to leave. Obviously traffic is a factor too. Plus I'll be going slower than most people on the freeway with 4.10s in the back. You'll have a more scenic route than I. I'll probably take the 5 to the 105 to get over by LAX. Lots of concrete to look at. I'll fire things up this weekend and check everything out.

92646 06-14-2017 12:21 AM

Mark it would be good to see you at the museum. To bad you can not make the cruise because I know you know where the doughnut shop is in Huntington beach. None of us will be going very fast because Joe will be the leader and he has 4:88s.
Mark Sheppard

tjs44 06-14-2017 12:24 AM

I will be at Donuts in the AM but will be going to a Sprit of Lions museum opening in the afternoon.Tom

'69Novajoe 06-14-2017 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mssl72 (Post 1356423)
Plus I'll be going slower than most people on the freeway with 4.10s in the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92646 (Post 1356460)
None of us will be going very fast because Joe will be the leader and he has 4:88s.
Mark Sheppard

4.10's????........sound like "freeway flyer" gears to me!!!! :)

Xplantdad 06-14-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '69Novajoe (Post 1356497)
4.10's????........sound like "freeway flyer" gears to me!!!! :)

I've been in Joe's Nova at 6am in the morning on the freeway...going to two different cruises! It's a "blast"!:youguysrock: