The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Bruce Larson at Naples car show last weekend (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147109)

bergy 02-12-2018 02:17 PM

Bruce Larson at Naples car show last weekend

I had a great visit with Bruce Larson at a local car show last weekend. It was called Ferrari's on 5th - only about 50 Ferraris and 450 other collector cars. Bruce is great guy and a racing legend. He broke the all time funny car e.t. while running a 7.41 in 1967. Campaigned his "USA-1" Camaro funny car without a major sponsor until 1985 (then switched to Oldsmobile). The good old days of match racing!

olredalert 02-12-2018 03:12 PM

----He is a great guy! Got to know him many years ago when Red Alert was invited to Carlisle. Bruce was in the space next to us and we spent a good portion of the show shooting the s***.......Bill S

markinnaples 02-12-2018 04:19 PM

Yes, great show and I went with my stepson. It's the largest single event in Naples these days and always gets a huge crowd. I think 2 years ago Jerry Seinfeld was there and there's a ton of people and quality cars that attend. I was supposed to have my car in there last year but something personal came up. Some good stuff and if you would like to see some of it, there's some video of it on Youtube. The exotics were out in full force and my stepson loved seeing his first Bugatti Veyron in person. The best part is that it benefits St Matthews House, which is the local homeless shelter, feeding ministry and rehabilitation entity of which I am proud to say I've been a board member for 15+ years.

bergy 02-12-2018 05:51 PM

Yeah - lots of rare exotics there. I was in the cheap seats with my '67 tri-power coupe. Europeans were all fascinated with old Detroit muscle though!

markinnaples 02-12-2018 07:42 PM

What color is your '67?

bergy 02-13-2018 12:36 AM

marina blue with blue/white inyterior

markinnaples 02-13-2018 01:55 AM

Was it down 5th away from Rt 41?

bergy 02-13-2018 10:44 AM

yes - with the "Cool Cruisers" group. Between a black 63 426 Belvadere and 67 L79 Chevy II.

ds1 02-13-2018 12:47 PM

We see Bruce a lot. Living 35 minutes from him. Usually at Latimore. The PA Racing Museum, and site of the York US 30 show. He stopped to look at my SRD Vega last year and talked to my dad. He is at Carlisle and Hershey all the time. He was always at the Yoek reunion race we hosted at Beaver Springs. Always a gracious guy to talk to

68camaroz28 02-13-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ds1 (Post 1388287)
We see Bruce a lot. Living 35 minutes from him. Usually at Latimore. The PA Racing Museum, and site of the York US 30 show. He stopped to look at my SRD Vega last year and talked to my dad. He is at Carlisle and Hershey all the time. He was always at the Yoek reunion race we hosted at Beaver Springs. Always a gracious guy to talk to

Agree with that for sure! See him going up and down rows of vendors at Carlisle events and always available to say hi or talk some, and then he might like this past fall be at Maple Grove Dragway's flea market with trailer selling parts. He puts on a nice show at his place each year as well.
Great example of a person and always seems to be just one of the guys. Had an older friend tell me back in the day when they had a corvette fuel injection issue he was the go to guy to get it fixed. He did pretty good when he sold the cobra many years ago. Guess that's been resold several times since.