The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Mecum Kissimmee 2018 hemi RR (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146711)

EZ Nova 01-19-2018 07:25 PM

Mecum Kissimmee 2018 hemi RR

Does anyone know this car?

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-31...i-road-runner/

Blue 1968 Hemi Road Runner the just sold at Mecum KISSIMMEE 2018? A friend of mine is the new owner. He's not the most up to date or searches the history type of guy.

Thanks, John

combinefixer 01-19-2018 07:44 PM

The incorrect MC and brake booster drives me nanners in these high end restorations.

Love the color.

John 01-19-2018 10:49 PM

.... Nice looking Hemi Road Runner :biggthumpup:

.... Looks like he got a good deal too !:worship:

the427king 01-20-2018 03:12 AM

He paid less for the hemi than someone just paid for a rs added Z.

EZ Nova 01-20-2018 01:36 PM

Sorry, I know many will get upset by this, so putting it out there FIRST, Sorry!

I don't feel myself, that any of the Trans Am series of cars, like Z28, Boss 302', T/A or AAR's, should be more then a compatible condition Hemi!

I think these TA series cars are the most over priced cars in the market today. I myself don't see a nice, normal '69 Z, (not an RS or crossram or rear disc cars) being more then the 50K range of car? I think most are 20-35K overpriced.

Then you add the fact there are more '69 Z28's today then GM made in '69, well..... But the '69 are pretty cars.

I just don't see the "awe" of any of the TA cars myself. Yes they handle a bit better. But who's out there on the streets going around corners doubling the posted speed limits in the 100 point TA cars???? And straight line, they can't usually run with some of the normal SB cars like 340 Duster, L79 Chevy II etc.

But people keep driving the pricing up and I think these TA cars are in for a "correction" in the not too distant future....

Billohio 01-20-2018 03:32 PM

I have a 67 GTX and a 69 Z. My GTX is a 440 car with a 472 hemi and some good parts in the engine.Not a real high priced car even with an original hemi but I have always like the body style. Yes the Z handles way better but like you say I am not racing around corners.
Other than the 70 and 71 cudas, I am not crazy about how some of the mopars look that had hemis. They just got so long and look more like a 2 door family car to me. Thats just my opinion.

EZ Nova 01-20-2018 06:56 PM

Bill, I know what you mean.

I will be 52 in February. When I was 16, I saved and bought my first car, a 1968 GTX convertible 440 4sp Dana 4.10. Blk with Blk top and red interior. I had money down on a 1970 440+6 Cuda 4sp and 4.10 Dana. B5 Blue blk int, rally hood not shaker car. Guy went away for work, and was going to be overseas for months before he could get back home.

So got my $$$ back and was able to make a deal on the GTX as I went to school with the guy, he was leaving for college and had the car for sale.

REASON for this story is, my friend who just bought this Hemi RR was also looking at the GTX I bought when we were younger. We hung around for a couple years. Played football and hockey together. I didn't know he was talking to the owner about the GTX. So when my deal on the Cuda went south, we talked and made the deal. Money changed hands and I took the car. My friend had went to Florida on vacation. He was going to buy the car when he got back, but I bought it not knowing he was looking at it.

He told us he was looking at a '69 Superbee 383 4 sp buckets console car. So he DID buy that after I bought the GTX. I also bought a '68 340 GTS Dart and he bought a red '67 Coronet Rt.

Today I have 3 Chevy's. He has different '69 Superbee that's done up like an A12 car, and a '69 RS/SS Camaro convertible 396/375 auto car, and now this Hemi RR too.

Billohio 01-20-2018 10:14 PM

Good story. I do like the 68 charger in the back. Those round tail lights are great.

EZ Nova 01-21-2018 02:56 PM

Bill, I ALWAYS keep an eye out got a GTX. 67-70.

Stange I'm on my second marriage. This wife is originally from 3 hrs SW from Windsor Ontario. She's 15 yrs younger than me and he dad has had some cars over the years.

Like my story, my FIRST car was the '68 GTX, my father-in-laws first car was a 71 GTX! 440+6 auto. I found that out this summer when he went for a ride in my '61 Pontiac. It's "way faster than my GTX" he says.

I do have a line on my old GTX, but guy says not for sale. So I'm partial to the '68's. There a hell of a lot of car for the money these days. And a nice '67 would make for a nice semi-daily driver. Has the room and creature comforts. I was leaning to a '67 427 'Vette for another family reason, but our first child is on the way, so the 2 seater won't work. BUT a GTX sure will....

John

Charley Lillard 01-21-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZ Nova (Post 1384930)
Bill, I know what you mean.

I will be 52 in February. When I was 16, I saved and bought my first car, a 1968 GTX convertible 440 4sp Dana 4.10. Blk with Blk top and red interior. I had money down on a 1970 440+6 Cuda 4sp and 4.10 Dana. B5 Blue blk int, rally hood not shaker car. Guy went away for work, and was going to be overseas for months before he could get back home.

So got my $$$ back and was able to make a deal on the GTX as I went to school with the guy, he was leaving for college and had the car for sale.

REASON for this story is, my friend who just bought this Hemi RR was also looking at the GTX I bought when we were younger. We hung around for a couple years. Played football and hockey together. I didn't know he was talking to the owner about the GTX. So when my deal on the Cuda went south, we talked and made the deal. Money changed hands and I took the car. My friend had went to Florida on vacation. He was going to buy the car when he got back, but I bought it not knowing he was looking at it.

He told us he was looking at a '69 Superbee 383 4 sp buckets console car. So he DID buy that after I bought the GTX. I also bought a '68 340 GTS Dart and he bought a red '67 Coronet Rt.

Today I have 3 Chevy's. He has different '69 Superbee that's done up like an A12 car, and a '69 RS/SS Camaro convertible 396/375 auto car, and now this Hemi RR too.

Tell me about the RSSS L78 convert.