The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   PCH Cruise - June 24th (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143128)

Xplantdad 06-25-2017 03:51 PM

Awesome...looks like a great day for a cruise in SoCal!:youguysrock:

markinnaples 06-26-2017 03:11 AM

Is that overcast "June Gloom"?

BJCHEV396 06-26-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mssl72 (Post 1357749)
Well, it looks like I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. I checked the system out today and took the Caprice out for a ride. Things seem ok, voltage is good, no battery spewing, confirmed all the connections/grounds. I'm still not exactly sure why the battery spewed out the vents in the first place. Anyway, I'm going to start out from North of LA with a target time of 10:30 am at the museum. If all goes well I'll see everyone at the museum!

How did the Caprice perform Mark?Hope things went well.

mssl72 06-26-2017 07:06 AM

Hey, yes, thanks for asking! The car ran fine.The car didn't have any cooling or charging issues. Maybe the things I tweaked fixed the issue. I had another theory too. Not sure, but I was thinking that since the battery was new, I had the old regulator in which seemed to not be charging that well. Putting the new regulator in may have caused the plates to heat up (because it was getting a REAL charge) and caused the battery to find it's happy fluid level point. Much like filling a radiator for the first time and some boils out under pressure with the cap on.The car started to get a little warm at one point on the way back, but never got past 11 o'clock or made me worry. The weather turned out to be great. Traffic was fine going down to the museum, a little heavier coming back. Driving the 110 freeway through the city of LA is never really that great. I do have a vacuum leak I need to deal with sometime soon. I'll get to that. High on my list now is to finish rebuilding the carb for the Z and getting it back on the car so it runs. It's been years since it been running out on the streets.
It was nice to meet some of the guys we type with online here and good to catch up some with Mark Sheppard. A bunch of thanks to '69Novajoe to organize the whole thing. I would guess we'll be doing it again. Oh, and yes, I was cruising the right lane most of the way up and back and had a bunch of thumbs up while driving.

Zman1969 06-26-2017 03:16 PM

I'm putting this drive on my bucket list

'69Novajoe 06-27-2017 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1357941)
Awesome...looks like a great day for a cruise in SoCal!:youguysrock:

Yep, as much as I worried about it, it turned out to be a great cruisin' kind of day!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by markinnaples (Post 1358038)
Is that overcast "June Gloom"?

That's what it's known as around here!! I was just hoping it would subside a little for the cruise. We couldn't see Catalina Island but at least we could see the ocean!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman1969 (Post 1358096)
I'm putting this drive on my bucket list

Do you mean the complete cruise from the Donut Shop?? It is a very scenic drive if you do.