The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Day 2 stuff-modified cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Plowman's Day 2 Dyno Day (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=130583)

mockingbird812 10-04-2016 01:18 PM

Re: Plowman's Day 2 Dyno Day

Wow - am lovin' it!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] She looks <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">GREAT</span></span></span></span> and can't wait to hear it (not at the office though [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img] ). You've got to be stoked. Congrats and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">ENJOY</span></span></span></span>!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

mr.4speed 10-04-2016 01:18 PM

man that thing is sweet! great job [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif[/img]

Code51 10-04-2016 02:12 PM

Car is amazing!!!! Who or what did you use to coat the headers?

markinnaples 10-04-2016 02:13 PM

Totally agree, I love that car.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 10-04-2016 03:10 PM

Very nice job! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

KenMaisano 10-04-2016 03:52 PM

Killer build!!!

VintageMusclecar 10-04-2016 04:01 PM

Neat little build. Will it be seeing any track time?

bbbentley 10-04-2016 04:24 PM

I'm &quot; stoked&quot; and it is not even my car! Love your car and your talent and vision.

PxTx 10-04-2016 07:06 PM

Thanks guys! My whole family has been have fun with the car the last few weeks and the enthusiasm form folks at the cruise events and car shows has been beyond our expectations!

Car will certainly see track time. Need to finish up the fine tuning. Though I would like to get it to the track this Fall, that my be a bit ambitious. Likely Spring 17 will be the time.

Still need to figure a way to get the old Sun tach to be happy with the MSD.

Street manners are continuing to improve. Once we dialed in the vacuum advance in, the idle in gear and at stop lights came right around. Still need to hook up a wideband O2 and clean it up a bit down low, but it is probably better now than 50% of the cars at the events we've been to.

I did have to play around with the governor in the TH350. I guess with the 3800 stall convertor and the 4.88 gear, it would shift 1-2 &amp; 2-3 in a matter of only a few feet wiht part throttle. Now, with light throttle it shift @ 15mph and 25mph.

We've been running the white wall radials and the Cragars with Hurst slicks. Need to figure out what rubber and rims we can put together to be safe and predictable at the track.

Traction bars are still the home made ones from 1971 that my Dad made. It used to have an old air bag system if you look close on the picture with the gas tank, you can see the air bag brackets above the leaf spring. needless to say- we want to dial in the traction using old school tech- just because it can be done and it is true to the way these cars were.

I've love to pic a date and do a track rental. If there is enough interest, we can book something for many of the East Coast guys to have fun at this Spring. Otherwise, there is enough regular TNT events to get it done by ourselves.

brent396 10-04-2016 09:14 PM

Very cool car Paul [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]