The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Factory original coins (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178302)

Lynn 03-10-2024 03:06 PM

Factory original coins

6 Attachment(s)
Is Mark Bulaw (camaromb) still on this site? Back in 2007, I remember looking at his Lemans Blue COPO car at the Supercar reunion. It had one of the coolest features I had ever seen. There was a small trifold half sheet of sand paper in the trunk. It had spatter paint on it, and underneath the sandpaper was a bare spot in the trunk. The paper was obviously sitting there when the painter hit the trunk with spatter paint.

Fast forward to yesterday. Getting the LT-1 body ready to come off the frame. Took out the passenger seat and pulled up some of the original carpet. Found four dimes and two quarters that were in the car when it was painted with varying degrees of MM paint on them. The car was painted in 1983, but clearly it was not disassembled for paint. Because the T-Tops leaked when I washed the car yesterday morning (I think that is mandatory... leaking T-Tops, not washing) there was quite a bit of moisture down under the carpet. I am sure that was a regular occurrence. Anyway, I have already wasted too much time documenting dimes. Need to get back to work.

Too Many Projects 03-10-2024 04:05 PM

That was rather fun, speculating as to whether they fell out of a workers pocket or if a worker placed them there for someone to possibly find later and wonder why they are there....:cool2:

William 03-10-2024 04:07 PM

Mark has suffered a serious health setback. At this time, he is not able to participate in the hobby. His family will be placing his cars and parts collection on the market in the near future.

He has more friends than he knows. We are all hoping he is able to recover soon.

Lynn 03-10-2024 04:30 PM

Mark is a great guy. I am so sorry to hear this.

I lost his number. He helped me out in 07 bringing a piece of furniture that I bought on ebay to St. Louis for the reunion.

Anyone have contact info? If so, please PM me. Would like to send him a letter.

jeffschevelle 03-18-2024 05:03 PM

Sorry to hear about Mark.

On the coins, I had a 65 Chevelle parts car that had 1965 dated penny, nickel, dime and quarter glued to the floor in a neat straight line, all facing the same way, under the factory sound deadener under the dilapidated original back seat. Surely a line worker was not spending 41 cents per car out of his own pocket just to create a conversation piece for some time in the future, so I never came up with any idea why that happened.

I also had a Fremont built 67 ElCamino that had a Miller beer can in the driver's quarter panel between the wheel and taillight, which I found when I took off the access panel on the bedside. I googled old Miller cans and the can was painted just like the 1966 version when the car was built, and had the same type tab hole on top. Sneaking a quick drink on the line, and hiding the can ???

Tracker1 03-18-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 1645825)
Mark has suffered a serious health setback. At this time, he is not able to participate in the hobby. His family will be placing his cars and parts collection on the market in the near future.

He has more friends than he knows. We are all hoping he is able to recover soon.

That is a bad piece of news. Please keep us informed, thanks.

As for the OP, this would make a great thread. I have found an assembly line installed pencil and pepsi bottle cap