The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   WHO restores/rebuilds the OEM 3138 HURST Shifters (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140569)

CamarosRus 12-19-2016 08:41 PM

WHO restores/rebuilds the OEM 3138 HURST Shifters

I have several 3138 HURST Shifter Assy's that have been disassembled and Clear ZINC PLated.

I'm looking for expertise in reassembly ???

WHO, WHERE, Estimated $$$$$

I may also need ONE missing lever that attaches to M-21 side cover (70 Camaro)

Lynn 12-19-2016 10:11 PM

Re: WHO restores/rebuilds the OEM 3138 HURST Shifters

Don't know if they still offer the service, but Hurst used to do that, and IIRC, when i checked into it in the 90's it was very reasonable.

UPDATE: just went to the Hurst site, and apparently they still do offer the service. Looks way more expensive than I remembered.

Hurst rebuild service.

If your pieces are in good condition, there is no reason you can't assemble them yourself. They aren't that complex.

marxjunk 12-19-2016 10:14 PM

Pete Serio..best on the planet

http://precisionpontiac.net/

jl8z28 12-19-2016 10:28 PM

There was a thread on here showing all of that

ALLZS 12-19-2016 10:58 PM

pete serio [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

mockingbird812 12-20-2016 12:08 AM

Mike Angelo gave great tutorial which emboldened me to plate and rebuild my shifter myself. I'll see if I can find it.....

P.S. It was straightforward.

mockingbird812 12-20-2016 12:23 AM

Here is a good thread on rebuilding it yourself!

Hurst shifter body restore/rebuild

69L78 12-20-2016 04:31 AM

I think once you get a price from Pete, you will find it will cost you well over $500. Another option is buy and original shifter already rebuilt and plated from Heartbeat City for $595 and sell the used one and maybe have less money involved. I know someone who bought one from HB and it is on a concours Z and he is very pleased with it. He even got a discount if you watch their website.

earntaz 12-20-2016 12:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69L78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think once you get a price from Pete, you will find it will cost you well over $500. Another option is buy and original shifter already rebuilt and plated from Heartbeat City for $595 and sell the used one and maybe have less money involved. I know someone who bought one from HB and it is on a concours Z and he is very pleased with it. He even got a discount if you watch their website. </div></div>

Geezz -- I know there is inflation ... but I had a shifter rebuilt by Hurst back in the late 70s and it cost less than a $100 ...

If the parts are available somewhere -- it is not rocket science to disassemble/rebuild if you're not concerned with plating, etc. Fit/function is the key ... TAZ

marxjunk 12-20-2016 01:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69L78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think once you get a price from Pete, you will find it will cost you well over $500. Another option is buy and original shifter already rebuilt and plated from Heartbeat City for $595 and sell the used one and maybe have less money involved. I know someone who bought one from HB and it is on a concours Z and he is very pleased with it. He even got a discount if you watch their website. </div></div>

thats if Pete replates everything etc..the OP said he already had everything plated and it just needed to be assembled....and he owns the stuff..

Petes stuff is beyond show quality, and he stands behind his product...worth every penny..

its 250 from hurst when i checked this summer...just a mechanism rebuild, no plating...