The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Private messages (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140565)

Charley Lillard 12-19-2016 06:41 PM

Private messages

Years ago before I owned this site and was just a moderator I was asked by a member if it was possible that I could be reading their private messages. I assured them I could not. As the site owner I now in fact do have the ability to read anyone's privates messages. I don't read anyone's messages but I think it is important to know that there is a way for me to do it. You should also assume it can be done on any other sites as well. I don't like it but that is how the software is.

mockingbird812 12-19-2016 06:54 PM

Re: Private messages

Would you offer a paid service to summarize our pm's and forward daily texts to us? YOu can pm me if you want! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Xplantdad 12-19-2016 06:59 PM

Thanks for being forthcoming about this, Charley! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Sam, make sure you delete those messages...yes, those ones! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

mockingbird812 12-19-2016 07:26 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] how do you know that? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

earntaz 12-19-2016 08:18 PM

SBI -- and that's the way it is ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Mr70 12-19-2016 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We believe you Vladimir Lillard. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]

Ryan1969Chevelle 12-19-2016 08:30 PM

Tough Crowd!!!

I wish I thought of that Putin joke sooner:-)

Ryan

Stefano 12-19-2016 08:37 PM

So as of right now, you, Obama and Snowden have access to all of our emails. Can you also see me through the web cam as I am signaling you?

92646 12-19-2016 08:51 PM

Sefano, great idea because I am lost without spell check so we can use hand signals to message each other.

m22mike 12-19-2016 09:22 PM

Nice Santa [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/santa.gif[/img]

John 12-20-2016 04:36 AM

... Using a widely used term....

.... &quot;What difference does it make anyway ?&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Kurt S 12-20-2016 06:03 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should also assume it can be done on any other sites as well. </div></div>
That is forum software dependent. I can't on the CRG forum.

70 copo 12-20-2016 07:52 AM

I have always communicated on forums with the understanding that Administrator had the ability to read anything posted including PMs... That is just a common sense understanding of how programming works. If you say you can't because it is software dependent that is because you choose not to adopt or use software that allows you to.

Mr. Lillard is a stand up guy for telling us he has the ability and can.

Everything you say on the internet is archived for posterity, and even if you wanted to erase it, someone could always dig it up and use it against you If they wanted to... .

DW31S 12-20-2016 10:10 AM

Read away, Sir......nothing here to hide or be ashamed of. I would've been more surprised if Charley said he CAN'T read them all. Forthcoming to say you can.......but likely won't.

John 12-20-2016 10:32 AM

.... &quot;I have always communicated on forums with the understanding that Administrator had the ability to read anything posted including PMs... That is just a common sense understanding of how programming works. If you say you can't because it is software dependent that is because you choose not to adopt or use software that allows you to.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mr. Lillard is a stand up guy for telling us he has the ability and can.&quot;

</span>..... I agree 100%

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

njsteve 12-20-2016 10:35 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 copo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mr. Lillard is a stand up guy for telling us he has the ability and can.
</div></div>

I read that in one of Charley's secret PMs. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

iluv69s 12-20-2016 10:56 AM

uh-oh.... no more private tirades against the 'ads' of the group !! haha

Bill Pritchard 12-22-2016 12:50 AM

I couldn't care less if you can read my PMs, but thank you for being up front about it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

RST 12-22-2016 05:59 AM

Charlie your awesome [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Being a business owner with 80 plus employees, it always shocks me that even though we constantly tell our employees that anything done on our network can be seen ..... some continually continue to send the darnedest things [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, so I guess I shouldn't send anymore fully striped or dipped photos via PM anymore &amp;#129299;&amp;#129299;

Alss 12-23-2016 08:27 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DW31S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read away, Sir......nothing here to hide or be ashamed of. I would've been more surprised if Charley said he CAN'T read them all. Forthcoming to say you can.......but likely won't. </div></div>

my thoughts exactly..I aint shy!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

earntaz 12-23-2016 08:32 PM

X2

NorCam 12-23-2016 10:42 PM

It's good to be honest Charlie. When I read this I kinda chuckled and said to myself, I wonder how many people just checked their inbox and pm's after seeing this post?

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]

Charley Lillard 12-23-2016 11:21 PM

Who said I was honest ? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Charley.gif[/img]

70 copo 12-23-2016 11:26 PM

I said you were a &quot;stand up guy&quot;

Usage example:

AL: Should I worry that Charley is going to jack me on this deal?

Mikey: Charley is a stand up guy, I trust him with my life. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]

Charley Lillard 12-23-2016 11:26 PM

Actually I came upon how to do it when trying to solve a password for someone. There is a box when I look up their profile if I want to edit their permissions there is a tab I can click that says &quot;become this member&quot;. When I become that member I can look at their pm's.

SS427 12-24-2016 04:34 PM

Everything I have ever said about you on my PM's is true Charley. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif[/img]

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]

TimG 12-27-2016 02:48 PM

I hope you haven't read the risqué ones my wife sends to me.

Jack_Tar 02-26-2017 01:07 PM

Being in the Navy, I live my life knowing that &quot;Big Brother&quot; has the ability monitor every key stroke if they so choose. So the fact that any given civilian may have the ability to read PMs on a message board makes the scalawag sailor side of me smile and think &quot;what kind of twisted things can I send that will make the outside reader think, What the ....&quot;