The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ford-Mercury (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   My "shop find" Bullitt Stang! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139149)

m22mike 10-29-2017 11:11 PM

Lookin' good Dave :biggthumpup:

A12pilot 11-02-2017 10:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys! I think it's ready. Today I'll go over it again with the pencil, circling any imperfections I see. I hit the roof with another round of guide coat to be sure I'm not seeing any missed spots. :thumbsdown:

On another note, I created "Jigasarus":headbang: to hold all the parts in the booth for painting! Roaming the land, the rare and shy Jigasaurus snags up miscellaneous unpainted parts, coats them in PPG base/clear, then let's then go in the wild to be reassembled onto a fully painted body.:ooo::ooo::ooo:

So I'll start the paint process today with another wash, then a final round of epoxy primer in the interior, trunk, and undercarriage. Once that's dry, I'll mask off everything and paint the trunk and the parts in the booth. The next day I'll mask off the engine bay, interior, and trunk and paint the body. Much like the Bee....a multi stage and multi day event! :burnout:

More to come next week!

Cheers
Dave

Ryan1969Chevelle 11-02-2017 11:22 AM

Steve McQueen would be proud.

Ryan

Xplantdad 11-02-2017 12:28 PM

Looks great Dave!

m22mike 11-02-2017 03:53 PM

Dave
Looks like you spritz the guide coat, have you ever tried 3M dry guide coat ? A Inquiring not so bright mind wants to know. Nice work, save some energy for the show will ya :beers:

A12pilot 11-02-2017 09:02 PM

Mike,

Funny you say that, since the 3M stuff is actually what I use. But when I went to my paint house they were out, so I decided to give this a try. I like it, actually. Most of the time I wind up spilling the dry coat and that stuff gets all over the place!

Cheers
Dave

PS: trunk done, overspray done.... tonight will be fenders, the hood, headlight buckets and quarter panel extensions! Tomorrow night..... main body! Woohoo!

m22mike 11-03-2017 12:22 AM

Yea, at the price for it you do not want to spill any :frown:
I like it because you can add more if needed and keep sanding.

Mike

A12pilot 11-03-2017 01:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Overspray on the undercarriage, trunk, fenders, hood, quarter panel end caps, and headlight buckets painted. Tonight I'll be spraying the body! Oh.... and one more detail trick I need to do is gray primer rings around all 8 mounting points where the chassis was mounted to the assembly line fixture. More to come on that....

Cheers:beers:
Dave

HawkX66 11-03-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1373804)
Overspray on the undercarriage, trunk, fenders, hood, quarter panel end caps, and headlight buckets painted. Tonight I'll be spraying the body! More to come.....

Cheers:beers:
Dave

Mechanical work is "easy" Dave. It takes a true artist to do bodywork and paint. You sir are an artist. That paint is coming out beautiful.

Crush 11-03-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkX66 (Post 1373805)
Mechanical work is "easy" Dave. It takes a true artist to do bodywork and paint. You sir are an artist. That paint is coming out beautiful.

X2