The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Date Codes For Camaro Restoration Question (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148279)

Krateness 04-08-2018 11:34 PM

Date Codes For Camaro Restoration Question

Hey everyone,

How far out should parts range in date from the body tag production date for a 69 Camaro? Im looking to put factory equipment back on the car during restoration that’s went missing and have heard a rule of 3 months for stamped and 6 for cast? Any merit to that?

Thanks for the help

bbbentley 04-08-2018 11:59 PM

No

Spooky 04-09-2018 12:17 AM

Welcome, Those figures seem way far out. It's best to ask people on their experiences for a particular part. For my car built on 2/13, It has a December voltage regulator (6 weeks older) and brake booster is 2/8, rear end is 2/6. So mine are super close on most parts.

Building 912 cars per day, they use up parts quick so fresh stock is needed to be replenished.

A month or 2 would be a good bet. JMHO

Scott

ZLP955 04-09-2018 12:05 PM

Depends on the assembly plant, assembly timeframe within the (extended) model year, and RPOs on the car.

Krateness 04-09-2018 07:12 PM

Thanks guys.

Cars a Copo car built with a body tag build date of the 1st week of July.

For the stuff the car isn’t missing, most of it is dated in May so May/June is probably the right window I should be looking for.

ALLZS 04-10-2018 08:58 PM

Not to jump in here but i have a 69 camaro that i have had since 1975 its is a june built norwood car , car has never been a part but when i did take it a part to restore it here is what i found the radiator was a january of 69 date the distrubutor was a oct of 68 dated & the door panels where nov of 68 dated the rest of the parts where dated close to the build date of the car wonder way those parts where dated so far back ??

olredalert 04-10-2018 09:04 PM

----What interior color is your COPO

Krateness 04-11-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1396302)
----What interior color is your COPO

Car has black interior.

m22mike 04-11-2018 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krateness (Post 1396107)
Thanks guys.

Cars a Copo car built with a body tag build date of the 1st week of July.

For the stuff the car isn’t missing, most of it is dated in May so May/June is probably the right window I should be looking for.

Have you looked at your vin # for a better idea of when it was actually built ? Compare your's with the vin totals for July .
Being a COPO It may have spent time in the body bank waiting to be scheduled. That could make the assy weeks ? Later than the TT date.
Date codes are not always X amount of time ahead of assembly. The driver mirror on my Malibu is 6 mo. ahead of assy.

Mike

Krateness 04-11-2018 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m22mike (Post 1396349)
Have you looked at your vin # for a better idea of when it was actually built ? Compare your's with the vin totals for July .
Being a COPO It may have spent time in the body bank waiting to be scheduled. That could make the assy weeks ? Later than the TT date.
Date codes are not always X amount of time ahead of assembly. The driver mirror on my Malibu is 6 mo. ahead of assy.

Mike

In all honesty the car is more than just a COPO but is actually the fathom green Yenko found in Indiana last year. I’m helping in trying to track down what pieces the car is missing. NCRS documents showed an official production date of 7/10/69 before being shipped off to Yenko.

I have a friend who has a 944 (April/ 4th Week / 1969) 4346 carb and before setting out and buying one, if this one would technically be correct for the date code I’d just roll with it.