The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   California Fires (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144883)

'69Novajoe 10-10-2017 04:33 AM

Saw the smoke from my son's house, which is on the other side of the mountain from the fires. My daughter-in-law (and my son) work for Cox Communication and she had to use her clout with the Fire Authority, council people and anyone else she could contact to preserve a building that's a hub for emergency service numbers (911 and such) with 100 million dollars worth of equipment in it!! They actually did a helicopter "drop" on the building to prevent it from going up in flames. It was right on the other side of a toll road from the blaze!! Love her and what she does!! I've actually worked up in the area where a lot of homes were lost. :(

markinnaples 10-12-2017 01:44 PM

Prayers for all those affected by the fires, cannot imagine it. Sounds like there have been quite a few collector cars lost in the fires based on what I've read over the last few days. I guess people just don't have time or a place to get them moved out of danger. Terrible all around.

Xplantdad 10-12-2017 08:18 PM

I checked in with Mark Mitchell and Andrea...Last I heard , they were okay. Same with Bart.

having lived in the OC and taught at one of the schools affected in OC, this stinks. The only good thing was that when the fire started it was Columbus day and I don't think the kids were in school!

Everyone, please stay safe!!

earntaz 10-12-2017 10:28 PM

These fires really SUCK -- things those people have worked for all their lives and it's gone in a second ... all we can do is prey for them ... Craig

Charley Lillard 10-12-2017 11:23 PM

Breezy now and supposed to have 30 mph winds this Sat with gusts to 40. Not good at all.

SuperNovaSS 10-13-2017 02:31 AM

Definitely not good. Smoke made it down to Santa Cruz yesterday which is over 100 miles south. Mother Nature can be a bitch sometimes.

Jason

'69Novajoe 10-13-2017 04:25 AM

My sister texted me to tell me that her sister and brother-in-law lost their home in Santa Rosa. So sad.........

MosportGreen66 10-13-2017 03:08 PM

I'm in Santa Cruz now with the family, Monterey early next week... we canceled our plans to be in wine country. We had been following the situation closely because of the vacation. I really feel for the people affected. We're seeing a good number of people in the hotel escaping the fires. Some lost everything, even pets, homes, cars, etc. Very sad. My best wishes for members in the area.

Dan

Craig_Maiorana 10-13-2017 03:23 PM

It looks as if they may have the orange county fire contained by this weekend. We are roughly 5 miles from it.

earntaz 10-13-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig_Maiorana (Post 1371056)
It looks as if they may have the orange county fire contained by this weekend. We are roughly 5 miles from it.

Hang in there Craig -- best of luck to you and yours ... prayers coming your way ... Craig