The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Are You Tuned In? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168189)

ZiggyL78 07-30-2021 05:34 AM

Are You Tuned In?

I work on my car in the shop 5 hours every day. I listen to the radio or YouTube music. I found this radio station on the internet which I play from my Lap Top through some book shelf speakers. I'm a 60s oldies fan.

First you can pick any style music you want and listen to it all day. Just like a regular radio station with hardly any commercials and all your favorite music. If you don't like a song or an artist you can eliminate them and you will never hear them again.

Then when you here a song that is one of your favorite tunes you can give it a rating from 1 to 5 stars. Then any tune you have rated 4 or 5 stars, is stored in a file. Once you get a bunch of tunes stored you can then play that file. Again. Hardly any commercials.

You can also play any of your favorite albums. They have everything.

As a side note the stereo in my Lincoln (412 HP :) ) will save any tunes you have on CDs or any other recorded device. I have about 1600 tunes stored and it can hold 3000. You can make your own play lists with any combination of tunes you want.

We sure have come a long way from that AM radio we listened to back in the day.

Enjoy.

https://www.accuradio.com/

69M22Z 07-30-2021 10:10 AM

Thank you for the heads up. That's cool.

Too Many Projects 07-30-2021 02:58 PM

Been doing Accuradio for over a year now. May take a while to get just the right song I'm looking for, as you can't specify a certain song, but they all eventually come around. I have over 1,000 songs saved too. 60's, 70's and even 80's hair bands. Some of that is great stuff too.

Thomas 07-30-2021 05:37 PM

I am a Sirius XM subscriber and listen to either 70's or Classic Vinyl, on a laptop played through a set of external PC speakers.

Thomas 07-30-2021 05:38 PM

I am a Sirius XM subscriber and listen to either 70's pop or Classic Vinyl, on a laptop played through a set of external PC speakers.

Too Many Projects 07-31-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1557048)
I am a Sirius XM subscriber and listen to either 70's or Classic Vinyl, on a laptop played through a set of external PC speakers.

I had Sirius in my Pete, when I did OTR. When I would cover 600+ miles in 10 hours, I got really tired of looking for a new FM station every hour, or less.

ZiggyL78 08-24-2021 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1557103)
I had Sirius in my Pete, when I did OTR. When I would cover 600+ miles in 10 hours, I got really tired of looking for a new FM station every hour, or less.

With this station you can prerecord as many hours of your favorite tunes as you want. Set it and forget it. ;)

I was watching TV the other night and browsing on my PC and I noticed that I had not turned off the radio station from earlier in the day. A song was on that I liked so I hit the 5 star button. I then hit the next song button to see if it would complete the recording of that song and still go ahead to the next song. Cool. It worked. So now I can record about 30 songs in less then 10 minutes! In other words you do not have to listen to the whole song while you are recording it.

I have about 300 songs saved. Total cost? $0.

Now. If I can just get this thing to make me a fried baloney on toast. I'll be all set. ;)

RPOLS3 08-24-2021 12:01 PM

We have a whole house sound system and last year we invested in a Sonos unit that ties into the main receiver and works over the Wi-Fi and allows your smart phone (through the Sonos app) to play whatever subscription services you prefer (XM/Pandora/Amazon/etc.) through the system. Since it runs over the Wi-Fi (vs. Bluetooth) it works anywhere around the house and if you are out of the range of the Wi-Fi the music still plays (Bluetooth connections are lost once out of range). If we are out on the back patio around the fire I can change the music via my phone - same in the garage. We have Sirius/XM in multiple cars and the streaming service is included so I use that.