View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Some help on Dick Harrell race car verification:

Showed my 59 Vette to a couple members of The Supercar Registry last night (D. Hayes and R. Pennington (Motion Corvette owners) who told me you all might be able to assist me in verification on my car. I purchased the car March of 1973 in Overland Park Kansas. I was told at that time the car had been used a lot on the drag strip. I'm enclosing scanned poloroid of the car as it appeared prior to my ill-advised restoration to original condition. On the passanger side behind the front wheel and before the "gill slit" is the Dick Harrell emblem or badge. The car was all black, black roll and tuck interior, 4 speed rock crusher, slicks on the rear, traction bars, a 65 model 327-365 hp Vette (verified by the numbers on block) with the tack mounted on the dash in place of the rear view mirror. I still have the trans, emblem,and the two front wheels. The engine was sold back around 1982 or so. Didn't realize what I had at the time. I believe this is a Dick Harrell built car, anyone with advice about what I can do to authenticate or register my car would be helpful! The title history ends mysteriously in 1971 in Blue Springs MO.
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 390289-Emblem2.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...